- Tyler Herro on how he became friends with Jack Harlow: ‘Honestly, just both being white’
- Miami Heat point guard Goran Dragic gives promising update on latest foot injury
- Report: Miami Heat exercise team option on guard Tyler Herro
- Tyler Herro’s big personal goal for upcoming NBA season
- Details emerge about Jimmy Butler’s rumored romance with Selena Gomez
- Report: Bradley Beal will be No. 1 target for Miami Heat if unable to land Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: Jimmy Butler offered Bam Adebayo part-owner stake in his coffee business for $2.5 million
- Precious Achiuwa reveals Tyler Herro reached out right after draft to invite him to workout
- Miami Heat unveil jaw-dropping ‘ViceVersa’ uniforms for upcoming season
- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
Report: Miami Heat have ‘likely backed away’ from pursuing Victor Oladipo
- Updated: November 5, 2020
It now appears that the Heat’s interest in Oladipo is cooling, according to Zach Lowe of ESPN.
“It would not surprise me if Oladipo and the Pacers come back to the table on extension talks,” wrote Lowe. “(Oladipo can sign an extension at any point during the season.) Indiana can offer him a four-year deal starting at $25 million per season. I’m not sure the Pacers would approach that number, but considering Oladipo’s recent play — and that some potential suitors, including the Miami Heat, have likely backed away — he would be wise to consider securing something.”
Oladipo is coming off a season where he averaged 14.5 points, 3.9 rebounds and 2.9 assists per game while shooting 39.4 percent from the field and 31.7 percent from three.
A ruptured quad tendon that the 28-year-old suffered during the 2018-19 season is the reason why he hasn’t been able to regain the form he showed during the 2017-18 season, when he averaged 23.1 points, 5.2 rebounds, 4.3 assists and 2.4 steals per game.
Oladipo has one more year left on his current contract and is set to become an unrestricted free agent following the conclusion of the 2020-21 season.