- Report: Miami Heat ‘internally has discussed’ DeMarcus Cousins, Blake Griffin and Rudy Gay, among others
- Report: Goran Dragic to make long-awaited return tonight vs. Toronto Raptors
- Dwyane Wade issues beautiful message to Tiger Woods after horrific car accident
- Report: Miami Heat offer impactful update on statuses of Goran Dragic and Tyler Herro
- P.J. Tucker reacts in shock to Bam Adebayo’s All-Star Game snub
- Dwyane Wade leaves Bam Adebayo and Jimmy Butler off his All-Star reserves list
- Report: Miami Heat granted sizable disabled player exception due to Meyers Leonard’s season-ending injury
- Bam Adebayo makes it clear that he wants to become 2-time All-Star this season
- Udonis Haslem fires scathing NSFW shots at Colin Cowherd after he disrespects Miami Heat
- Miami Heat members gush over Bam Adebayo’s leadership this season: ‘You definitely hear his voice now’
Meyers Leonard expresses strong desire to stay on Miami Heat: ‘I really like it here’
- Updated: February 22, 2021
Although Leonard is expected to be let go of by the Heat in the offseason, he recently expressed his strong desire to stay in Miami.
Meyers Leonard – out for the season with a shoulder issue – is making clear that he would like to stay in Miami. "I really like it here," Leonard said. He has a team option for next season.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) February 22, 2021
Leonard, 28, was traded to the Heat during the summer of 2019.
The veteran could be a valuable trade chip through the rest of this season. He has $9.4 million in the form of a team option attached to his contract next season, which could be an attractive trade piece.
Yet, Leonard appears to be content in Miami. The center recently bought a luxurious home in South Florida.
Leonard only played in three games this season before being shut down. He put up 3.3 points and 2.3 boards in 9.7 minutes per game this season.
The Heat hold a 13-17 record this season.