- Former NBA big man pleads for Miami Heat to sign him so he can guard Anthony Davis
- Jimmy Butler offers supremely confident message with potential loss of Goran Dragic for series
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler offers crucial update on ankle injury suffered in Game 1
- Report: Goran Dragic diagnosed with torn plantar fascia but could return in NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release X-ray results on Bam Adebayo following Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic likely out for rest of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release troubling injury update on Goran Dragic
- Video: Jimmy Butler suffers brutal ankle injury in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
- Kendrick Perkins makes blasphemous statement about Miami Heat’s chances against Los Angeles Lakers
Meyers Leonard Gives Optimistic Update on His Injury and Rehabilitation
- Updated: April 24, 2020
That’s because he went down with an ankle injury back in early February. Recently, Leonard offered an update on his recovery, and it seems like he will be ready to go once the NBA returns.
“I’m feeling much, much better,” Leonard said during a Wednesday Instagram Live discussion with Heat television host Jason Jackson. “Obviously, I had an injury there right before the season was suspended. It was bad, and I think most people are aware of that. But I’m always incredibly, incredibly focused and I take a very professional approach. So, I guess if there’s a silver lining for Meyers Leonard, I’ve had some more time to rehab. The rehab has been very good.”
This season, Leonard has started every game he’s played in for the Heat. In 49 appearances, he’s averaging 6.1 points, 5.1 rebounds and 1.1 assists.
While those may not be the kind of numbers fans would want out of a starting frontcourt player, Leonard has displayed his value on many occasions. Moreover, Leonard has shown that he can score at a higher rate and help power the Heat to victories.
In fact, in his second-to-last appearance prior to the injury, Leonard scored 18 points in a win over the divisional rival Orlando Magic.
Surely, whenever the NBA does return, Leonard will be able to get back on the court in no time.