- Kendrick Perkins makes blasphemous statement about Miami Heat’s chances against Los Angeles Lakers
- Report: Minnesota Timberwolves were uncomfortable with Jimmy Butler wanting to be ‘toughest MFer in the room’
- Bill Simmons makes bold prediction for Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
- Report: Numerous Hall of Famers expected to be among virtual fans for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
Kendrick Nunn Studied Stephen Curry and Kevin Durant While on Golden State Warriors
- Updated: November 22, 2019
While Miami Heat guard Kendrick Nunn has shocked the league with his amazing play to start the 2019-20 NBA season, it appears the rookie was studying the best of the best to prepare for his eventual moment.
According to Jake Fischer of Bleacher Report, Nunn surveyed former MVPs Stephen Curry and Kevin Durant when he was a member of the Golden State Warriors.
“Studying Steph Curry and Kevin Durant when he was in camp with the Warriors taught Nunn the NBA virtue of routine,” Fischer wrote. “They designed each repetition, he noticed, to keep the pair of MVPs locked into their respective rhythms.”
Nunn, 24, has been one of the best stories of the new season.
The undrafted guard is putting up 17.3 points, 3.4 assists and 1.5 steals per game this year. Not only is Nunn the second-leading scorer on the Heat, the youngster is statistically among the top rookies in the association as well.
In fact, the Oakland University product’s scoring average is second to just Memphis Grizzlies lottery pick Ja Morant, who is averaging 18.5 points per contest this season.
The Heat play Nunn’s hometown Chicago Bulls on Friday night.