- Isaiah Thomas says he’s ready to sign with Miami Heat if ‘they wit it’
- Udonis Haslem offers NSFW response to haters saying Heat’s bubble run was a ‘fluke’
- Report: Precious Achiuwa’s rookie deal with Miami Heat worth $12.5 million
- Report: Bam Adebayo’s extension doesn’t close the door on Miami Heat landing Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Avery Bradley reveals why he’s a ‘perfect fit’ for the Miami Heat
- Report: People around the league consider the Miami Heat making it to the NBA Finals a ‘fluke’
- Video: 2-time All-Star free agent seen working out in Miami Heat shorts
- Bam Adebayo comments on Giannis Antetokounmpo’s uncertain future
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Bam Adebayo’s massive contract extension
- Moe Harkless reveals most important factor that led him to sign with Miami Heat
Josh Richardson Reacts to Kelly Olynyk Joining Miami Heat
- Updated: July 7, 2017
The 7-footer will bring a defensive intensity and toughness that embodies the Heat culture, along with his 9.5 PPG career average and ability to space the floor (36.8 percent career shooter from three-point range).
Almost immediately after signing his contract, Olynyk sent out this tweet:
In response, combo guard Josh Richardson virtually welcomed his new teammate with open arms.
The Heat actually executed a flurry of moves on Thursday, as they also shipped power forward Josh McRoberts and a future second-round pick to the Dallas Mavericks in exchange for A.J. Hammons and some much-needed salary-cap relief.
This move was immediately followed by the re-signing of swingman James Johnson to a four-year, $60 million deal.
After losing out on the Gordon Hayward sweepstakes, it’s clear that the Heat want to continue with their core from last year with a couple added tweaks.