- Report: Miami Heat may be interested in acquiring Harrison Barnes
- Chris Bosh’s wife joins Dwyane Wade in destroying haters due to Julius Randle comparisons
- Report: Tyler Herro and Precious Achiuwa to represent Miami Heat on NBA Rising Stars rosters
- Dwyane Wade drops the mic as he explains why Chris Bosh is undoubtedly better than Julius Randle
- Report: Jimmy Butler approved of James Harden trade when Miami Heat were frontrunners
- Video: Dwyane Wade hilariously catches Shaquille O’Neal snoring in astronaut helmet
- Bam Adebayo’s blunt 5-word assessment after brutal loss to Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat news: Jimmy Butler to miss 2nd straight game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Report: It’s no secret that Victor Oladipo has a desire to play for Miami Heat
- Report: NBA spokesman denies that Jimmy Butler rejected All-Star Game invitation
Josh Richardson Reacts to Kelly Olynyk Joining Miami Heat
- Updated: July 7, 2017
The 7-footer will bring a defensive intensity and toughness that embodies the Heat culture, along with his 9.5 PPG career average and ability to space the floor (36.8 percent career shooter from three-point range).
Almost immediately after signing his contract, Olynyk sent out this tweet:
In response, combo guard Josh Richardson virtually welcomed his new teammate with open arms.
The Heat actually executed a flurry of moves on Thursday, as they also shipped power forward Josh McRoberts and a future second-round pick to the Dallas Mavericks in exchange for A.J. Hammons and some much-needed salary-cap relief.
This move was immediately followed by the re-signing of swingman James Johnson to a four-year, $60 million deal.
After losing out on the Gordon Hayward sweepstakes, it’s clear that the Heat want to continue with their core from last year with a couple added tweaks.