- LeBron Says He Was ‘Scared as S—‘ When He Returned to Cleveland After Joining Heat
- Gabrielle Union Reveals When She Finds Dwyane Wade at His ‘Sexiest’
- Chris Bosh: ‘Playing With LeBron Was Like Buying a Ferrari’
- Report: Miami Heat Players Look Forward to Practice Because of Jimmy Butler
- Report: ‘3 Other Events’ Involving Dion Waiters Haven’t Been Reported
- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
Josh Richardson Reacts to Kelly Olynyk Joining Miami Heat
- Updated: July 7, 2017
The 7-footer will bring a defensive intensity and toughness that embodies the Heat culture, along with his 9.5 PPG career average and ability to space the floor (36.8 percent career shooter from three-point range).
Almost immediately after signing his contract, Olynyk sent out this tweet:
In response, combo guard Josh Richardson virtually welcomed his new teammate with open arms.
The Heat actually executed a flurry of moves on Thursday, as they also shipped power forward Josh McRoberts and a future second-round pick to the Dallas Mavericks in exchange for A.J. Hammons and some much-needed salary-cap relief.
This move was immediately followed by the re-signing of swingman James Johnson to a four-year, $60 million deal.
After losing out on the Gordon Hayward sweepstakes, it’s clear that the Heat want to continue with their core from last year with a couple added tweaks.