- Report: Miami Heat request Zoom session with intriguing big man Jalen Smith
- Report: Miami Heat expressing interest in dynamic Denver Nuggets forward
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler seen repping Dwyane Wade in epic fashion
- Report: Victor Oladipo’s interest in joining Miami higher than Heat’s interest in him
- Dwyane Wade promotes powerful message on why LeBron James deserves more respect
- Jae Crowder admits he had nightmare about NBA Finals, sends epic message to Heat Nation
- Report: Miami Heat could target Paul Millsap, Aron Baynes if Jae Crowder signs elsewhere
- Report: Miami Heat’s ability to trade for star like Bradley Beal may hinge on Kelly Olynyk
- Jimmy Butler severely disrespected in 2021 NBA MVP odds
- Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro reflects on NBA Finals loss with motivational social media post
The Insane Price Someone Paid for Courtside Seats to Dwyane Wade’s Last Home Game
- Updated: April 9, 2019
One person appears to be making a sizable investment in order to buy a pair of courtside seats for the memorable event.
— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) April 8, 2019
The dicey playoff status of the Heat potentially makes Tuesday’s game against the Philadelphia 76ers the last home game ever for Wade. That’s because the Heat not only need to win that game and Wednesday night’s clash in Brooklyn, but must also depend on other contending teams to lose their contests.
However, the festivities for Wade will be memorable and have likely been in the planning stages ever since he announced in September that the 2018-19 season would be the last of his 16-year NBA career. That decision has led to a season’s worth of tributes on the road from opposing teams as well as jersey exchanges with fellow players who recognize his impact on the game.
Usually, the only games that result in the willingness by some people to pay outrageous prices are championship events such as the NBA Finals or the Super Bowl. Yet given Wade’s iconic status in a community in which he’s spent the bulk of his career, it’s not surprising that there are those who believe that price doesn’t matter under these circumstances.