- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
The Insane Price Someone Paid for Courtside Seats to Dwyane Wade’s Last Home Game
- Updated: April 9, 2019
One person appears to be making a sizable investment in order to buy a pair of courtside seats for the memorable event.
— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) April 8, 2019
The dicey playoff status of the Heat potentially makes Tuesday’s game against the Philadelphia 76ers the last home game ever for Wade. That’s because the Heat not only need to win that game and Wednesday night’s clash in Brooklyn, but must also depend on other contending teams to lose their contests.
However, the festivities for Wade will be memorable and have likely been in the planning stages ever since he announced in September that the 2018-19 season would be the last of his 16-year NBA career. That decision has led to a season’s worth of tributes on the road from opposing teams as well as jersey exchanges with fellow players who recognize his impact on the game.
Usually, the only games that result in the willingness by some people to pay outrageous prices are championship events such as the NBA Finals or the Super Bowl. Yet given Wade’s iconic status in a community in which he’s spent the bulk of his career, it’s not surprising that there are those who believe that price doesn’t matter under these circumstances.