- Video: Bam Adebayo pissed at Dwyane Wade for taking forever to respond to texts
- Dwyane Wade: ‘If you don’t like D. Rose, something is wrong with you’
- Miami Heat release crucial injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Boston Celtics
- Victor Oladipo issues emphatic 1-word response to Russell Westbrook becoming all-time triple-double leader
- Report: Miami Heat fans should be ‘surprised’ if they see Victor Oladipo soon
- Bam Adebayo believes Miami Heat still don’t know how to properly close games
- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
Erik Spoelstra Reiterates Team’s Starting Point Guard Without Goran Dragic
- Updated: December 26, 2018
However, Heat head Erik Spoelstra reiterated who the team’s de facto starting point guard was on Wednesday morning.
— Anthony Chiang (@Anthony_Chiang) December 26, 2018
Until Dragic returns – which will likely be around the All-Star break – Justise Winslow will handle point guard duties.
The fourth-year player has had an up-and-down career thus far in Miami but has shown vast improvement in recent weeks. Over his last 10 games, Winslow is averaging 13.7 points, 5.3 rebounds, and 3.8 assists.
Winslow now has a defined starting role, the opportunity to lead a surging Heat team, and the coach’s confidence. These next two months could potentially reveal the Winslow that we’ve all been waiting to see since he was drafted.