- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Meyers Leonard’s Wife Claps Back at Hassan Whiteside After His Reaction on Trade to Trail Blazers
- Updated: July 3, 2019
Playing in the NBA is a family affair. As a result, every now and then, players’ wives get involved, especially on social media.
Former Heat center Hassan Whiteside was one of the players that was shipped out, going to the Portland Trail Blazers to bolster their frontcourt.
He then shared an Instagram story after the trade to say how happy he was. One reason for his cheerfulness, apparently, is the number of shooters that he will have on his new team.
— Heat Nation (@HeatNationCom) July 1, 2019
Oh shoot, I did what… ?? https://t.co/P07DTdxQO9
— Elle Leonard (@MrsElleLeonard) July 3, 2019
Elle Leonard took a shot at Whiteside’s statement by going on Twitter to show a video of herself shooting hoops, draining seven shots in a row and making sure that everyone knew that there were shooters making their way to South Beach as well.
— Elle Leonard (@MrsElleLeonard) July 1, 2019
Elle Leonard went to Peoria Notre Dame High School as a starter for four years, recording more than a thousand career points. Needless to say, she was right about shooters coming to Miami, even though she won’t be suiting up for the Heat anytime soon.
Besides, her husband is quite a shooter himself, making 42.4 percent from three-point range in last year’s playoffs.