- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra applauds surprising aspect of Bam Adebayo’s game after dominant performance vs. Pistons
- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
Meyers Leonard’s Wife Claps Back at Hassan Whiteside After His Reaction on Trade to Trail Blazers
- Updated: July 3, 2019
Playing in the NBA is a family affair. As a result, every now and then, players’ wives get involved, especially on social media.
Former Heat center Hassan Whiteside was one of the players that was shipped out, going to the Portland Trail Blazers to bolster their frontcourt.
He then shared an Instagram story after the trade to say how happy he was. One reason for his cheerfulness, apparently, is the number of shooters that he will have on his new team.
— Heat Nation (@HeatNationCom) July 1, 2019
Oh shoot, I did what… ?? https://t.co/P07DTdxQO9
— Elle Leonard (@MrsElleLeonard) July 3, 2019
Elle Leonard took a shot at Whiteside’s statement by going on Twitter to show a video of herself shooting hoops, draining seven shots in a row and making sure that everyone knew that there were shooters making their way to South Beach as well.
— Elle Leonard (@MrsElleLeonard) July 1, 2019
Elle Leonard went to Peoria Notre Dame High School as a starter for four years, recording more than a thousand career points. Needless to say, she was right about shooters coming to Miami, even though she won’t be suiting up for the Heat anytime soon.
Besides, her husband is quite a shooter himself, making 42.4 percent from three-point range in last year’s playoffs.