- Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Former Mavs Guard for Final Roster Spot
- Report: Daryl Macon Has Emerged as ‘Strong Possibility’ for Miami Heat’s Final Roster Spot
- J.J. Redick Says He Would Love to Play With Jimmy Butler Again
- Hassan Whiteside Says Portland Trail Blazers ‘Best Team I’ve Ever Played on Talent-Wise’
- Report: Dwyane Wade Puts Miami Mansion Up for Sale
- Bam Adebayo Offers Take on Which Miami Heat Player Stood Out Most in Offseason Workouts
- Dwyane Wade Gives Glowing Review of Lakers’ Revamped Roster
- Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, and Alonzo Mourning Ranked as Best Miami Heat Players Ever
- Report: Bam Adebayo Says Miami Heat Pushing Him to Be ‘More of a Leader’ This Season
- Chris Bosh Explains Why He’s ‘Comfortable’ With His Legacy on Miami Heat
Dwyane Wade Personally Addresses Rumors of Him Returning to Heat for 2018-19 Season
- Updated: August 15, 2018
On Tuesday, Miami Heat fans got the news that they’ve been waiting for all summer when it was first reported that Dwyane Wade was getting close to signing a one-year deal to return for the 2018-19 season.
— Adam Spolane (@AdamSpolane) August 14, 2018
Less than 24 hours later, Wade himself took to Twitter to express his opinion of the report.
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) August 15, 2018
Last week, Wade spoke out about his future in the NBA saying that he has not yet decided whether or not he will return for another season. He did say, however, that if he does play basketball again, it will be with the Heat.
Hopefully Wade’s tweet is just about the recent report and not about a potential return. Though Wade is well past his prime by now, his presence on the court for the second half of last season was a sight to behold for Heat fans everywhere. On several occasions, the three-time NBA champ was able to reclaim some of the brilliance that has made him one of the most feared shooting guards in the league earlier in his career.
With the 2018-19 season quickly approaching, Wade will have to make a decision regarding his future. Considering this tweet, it might be best for fans to wait to celebrate until they hear the news from Wade himself.