- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
- Video: Victor Oladipo throws down angry poster over Andre Drummond
- Tyler Herro admits he ‘definitely thought I would be starting’ as he comments on reserve role with Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade slights Boston Celtics, says they don’t have an identity
Dwyane Wade Personally Addresses Rumors of Him Returning to Heat for 2018-19 Season
- Updated: August 15, 2018
On Tuesday, Miami Heat fans got the news that they’ve been waiting for all summer when it was first reported that Dwyane Wade was getting close to signing a one-year deal to return for the 2018-19 season.
— Adam Spolane (@AdamSpolane) August 14, 2018
Less than 24 hours later, Wade himself took to Twitter to express his opinion of the report.
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) August 15, 2018
Last week, Wade spoke out about his future in the NBA saying that he has not yet decided whether or not he will return for another season. He did say, however, that if he does play basketball again, it will be with the Heat.
Hopefully Wade’s tweet is just about the recent report and not about a potential return. Though Wade is well past his prime by now, his presence on the court for the second half of last season was a sight to behold for Heat fans everywhere. On several occasions, the three-time NBA champ was able to reclaim some of the brilliance that has made him one of the most feared shooting guards in the league earlier in his career.
With the 2018-19 season quickly approaching, Wade will have to make a decision regarding his future. Considering this tweet, it might be best for fans to wait to celebrate until they hear the news from Wade himself.