- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra applauds surprising aspect of Bam Adebayo’s game after dominant performance vs. Pistons
- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
NBA Store Releases Dwyane Wade’s Jersey Ranking for 2018-19 Season
- Updated: April 25, 2019
Dwyane Wade had the 11th-most popular jersey in the NBA this season, according to sales from the league’s website.
The Miami Heat legend has always been popular with the fans, and his 16th and final season was no exception.
Dwyane Wade's jersey was the 11th-most sold this season at https://t.co/YNeF8sz4XZ. LeBron's was No. 1. (But a key difference is that nobody had a LeBron Lakers jersey before last year and everybody already had a Heat D-Wade one.)
Steph was 2, Giannis was 3.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) April 25, 2019
The NBA released the 15 most popular jerseys this year, as well as the 10 teams that sold the most jerseys. The Heat did not make the latter list.
Not surprisingly, the most popular jersey belonged to former Heat star LeBron James. James is not only an extremely popular player, but joined a new team this season.
Joining a new team always boosts jersey sales, as a new fan base needs to stock up on the player’s jersey. James’ new squad, the Los Angeles Lakers, led the league in jersey sales.
LeBron and Lakers top latest jersey sales charts, per NBA. pic.twitter.com/rdtz0cpOk0
— Howard Beck (@HowardBeck) April 25, 2019
With Wade retiring, the Heat will need to find another marketable star if they want to stay relevant in the jersey sale discussion. That said, Wade’s jersey will likely remain very popular even though his playing days are over.