- Dwyane Wade’s Emphatic Reaction to Damian Lillard Putting Up Monster Game Against Dallas Mavericks
- Miami Heat Release Injury Report for Wednesday’s Game vs. Oklahoma City Thunder
- Bam Adebayo Adds Fuel to Victor Oladipo Rumors After Latest Social Media Activity
- Gabrielle Union Aims Sexual Message at Dwyane Wade After Seeing Flashy TNT Appearance
- Video: Victor Oladipo Seen Being Extra Friendly With Miami Heat Players After Indiana Pacers Loss
- Miami Heat Change Profile Picture to Disrespectful Jimmy Butler Photo After Heat Dominate Pacers
- Jimmy Butler Speaks on T.J. Warren After Miami Heat Dominate Indiana Pacers
- Tyler Herro Discusses Skill Set He’s ‘Working Really Hard’ to Improve Inside NBA Bubble
- T.J. Warren Speaks Out on Facing Jimmy Butler and Miami Heat on Monday
- Dwyane Wade Reacts to NBA Snubbing of Devonte’ Graham for Most Improved Player Award
NBA Store Releases Dwyane Wade’s Jersey Ranking for 2018-19 Season
- Updated: April 25, 2019
Dwyane Wade had the 11th-most popular jersey in the NBA this season, according to sales from the league’s website.
The Miami Heat legend has always been popular with the fans, and his 16th and final season was no exception.
Dwyane Wade's jersey was the 11th-most sold this season at https://t.co/YNeF8sz4XZ. LeBron's was No. 1. (But a key difference is that nobody had a LeBron Lakers jersey before last year and everybody already had a Heat D-Wade one.)
Steph was 2, Giannis was 3.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) April 25, 2019
The NBA released the 15 most popular jerseys this year, as well as the 10 teams that sold the most jerseys. The Heat did not make the latter list.
Not surprisingly, the most popular jersey belonged to former Heat star LeBron James. James is not only an extremely popular player, but joined a new team this season.
Joining a new team always boosts jersey sales, as a new fan base needs to stock up on the player’s jersey. James’ new squad, the Los Angeles Lakers, led the league in jersey sales.
LeBron and Lakers top latest jersey sales charts, per NBA. pic.twitter.com/rdtz0cpOk0
— Howard Beck (@HowardBeck) April 25, 2019
With Wade retiring, the Heat will need to find another marketable star if they want to stay relevant in the jersey sale discussion. That said, Wade’s jersey will likely remain very popular even though his playing days are over.