- Miami Heat News: Heat Exercise Fourth-Year Option on Bam Adebayo
- Miami Heat News: American Airlines Arena to Change Name Starting Next Season
- Tyler Herro Agrees That He’ll Be NBA Rookie With ‘Most Drip’
- Goran Dragic Says Surgically Repaired Knee ‘Way Stronger’ Than Last Season
- Dwyane Wade Discusses Why He Absolutely ‘Had to Bring a Championship’ to Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade Seriously Interested in Owning NFL Team With Rick Ross
- Chris Bosh Eligible to Go to Hall of Fame in Same Class as Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan
- Report: NBA Will No Longer Allow ‘Ninja-Style’ Headbands Jimmy Butler Wore Last Season
- Dwyane Wade: ‘I Think L.A. Is Going to Win the Championship’
- Dwyane Wade Hints at Possible Comeback From Retirement: ‘Never Say Never’
NBA Store Releases Dwyane Wade’s Jersey Ranking for 2018-19 Season
- Updated: April 25, 2019
Dwyane Wade had the 11th-most popular jersey in the NBA this season, according to sales from the league’s website.
The Miami Heat legend has always been popular with the fans, and his 16th and final season was no exception.
Dwyane Wade's jersey was the 11th-most sold this season at https://t.co/YNeF8sz4XZ. LeBron's was No. 1. (But a key difference is that nobody had a LeBron Lakers jersey before last year and everybody already had a Heat D-Wade one.)
Steph was 2, Giannis was 3.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) April 25, 2019
The NBA released the 15 most popular jerseys this year, as well as the 10 teams that sold the most jerseys. The Heat did not make the latter list.
Not surprisingly, the most popular jersey belonged to former Heat star LeBron James. James is not only an extremely popular player, but joined a new team this season.
Joining a new team always boosts jersey sales, as a new fan base needs to stock up on the player’s jersey. James’ new squad, the Los Angeles Lakers, led the league in jersey sales.
LeBron and Lakers top latest jersey sales charts, per NBA. pic.twitter.com/rdtz0cpOk0
— Howard Beck (@HowardBeck) April 25, 2019
With Wade retiring, the Heat will need to find another marketable star if they want to stay relevant in the jersey sale discussion. That said, Wade’s jersey will likely remain very popular even though his playing days are over.