- Meyers Leonard ‘Absolutely’ Excited to Play With ‘Damn Good Player’ in Jimmy Butler
- Bam Adebayo Joins in on Fun, Clowns Hassan Whiteside After Scrimmage
- Tyler Herro Takes Blatant Shot at Hassan Whiteside via Social Media
- LeBron James Shouts Out Dwyane Wade for ‘Space Jam’ Alley-Oop
- Dwyane Wade’s Latest Social Media Activity Indicates That He’s Recruiting Anthony Davis to Miami Heat
- Report: Former Miami Heat Star Being Considered as Replacement for Team USA Squad
- 3 Landing Spots for Bradley Beal If Washington Wizards Decide to Trade Him
- Report: Wizards to Offer Bradley Beal Max Contract, Have No Plans to Engage in Trade Talks
- Report: Miami Heat Are Looking for Starting-Caliber Small Forward
- Dwyane Wade Announces That He’s Joined Panel as Judge for ‘America’s Got Talent’
NBA Store Releases Dwyane Wade’s Jersey Ranking for 2018-19 Season
- Updated: April 25, 2019
Dwyane Wade had the 11th-most popular jersey in the NBA this season, according to sales from the league’s website.
The Miami Heat legend has always been popular with the fans, and his 16th and final season was no exception.
Dwyane Wade's jersey was the 11th-most sold this season at https://t.co/YNeF8sz4XZ. LeBron's was No. 1. (But a key difference is that nobody had a LeBron Lakers jersey before last year and everybody already had a Heat D-Wade one.)
Steph was 2, Giannis was 3.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) April 25, 2019
The NBA released the 15 most popular jerseys this year, as well as the 10 teams that sold the most jerseys. The Heat did not make the latter list.
Not surprisingly, the most popular jersey belonged to former Heat star LeBron James. James is not only an extremely popular player, but joined a new team this season.
Joining a new team always boosts jersey sales, as a new fan base needs to stock up on the player’s jersey. James’ new squad, the Los Angeles Lakers, led the league in jersey sales.
LeBron and Lakers top latest jersey sales charts, per NBA. pic.twitter.com/rdtz0cpOk0
— Howard Beck (@HowardBeck) April 25, 2019
With Wade retiring, the Heat will need to find another marketable star if they want to stay relevant in the jersey sale discussion. That said, Wade’s jersey will likely remain very popular even though his playing days are over.