- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
NBA Store Releases Dwyane Wade’s Jersey Ranking for 2018-19 Season
- Updated: April 25, 2019
Dwyane Wade had the 11th-most popular jersey in the NBA this season, according to sales from the league’s website.
The Miami Heat legend has always been popular with the fans, and his 16th and final season was no exception.
Dwyane Wade's jersey was the 11th-most sold this season at https://t.co/YNeF8sz4XZ. LeBron's was No. 1. (But a key difference is that nobody had a LeBron Lakers jersey before last year and everybody already had a Heat D-Wade one.)
Steph was 2, Giannis was 3.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) April 25, 2019
The NBA released the 15 most popular jerseys this year, as well as the 10 teams that sold the most jerseys. The Heat did not make the latter list.
Not surprisingly, the most popular jersey belonged to former Heat star LeBron James. James is not only an extremely popular player, but joined a new team this season.
Joining a new team always boosts jersey sales, as a new fan base needs to stock up on the player’s jersey. James’ new squad, the Los Angeles Lakers, led the league in jersey sales.
LeBron and Lakers top latest jersey sales charts, per NBA. pic.twitter.com/rdtz0cpOk0
— Howard Beck (@HowardBeck) April 25, 2019
With Wade retiring, the Heat will need to find another marketable star if they want to stay relevant in the jersey sale discussion. That said, Wade’s jersey will likely remain very popular even though his playing days are over.