- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on His Iconic Pregame Routine With Miami Heat
Dwyane Wade Takes Notice of Kendrick Nunn, Shouts Him Out After 40-Point Game
- Updated: October 19, 2019
After Nunn’s explosive performance against the Houston Rockets on Friday, Wade shouted out the youngster on Twitter.
I know your name now kid! https://t.co/Eyzc16dJs8
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) October 19, 2019
Nunn, 24, now has the attention of the entire Heat fan base. In the team’s preseason finale against the Rockets, the 6-foot-3 bulldog posted 40 points on 60 percent shooting from downtown. The rookie made multiple dazzling moves, including crafty buckets over former MVPs James Harden and Russell Westbrook.
Furthermore, it was the highest-scoring preseason game by a Heat player in the last 20 years. The impressive display exceeded a 38-point contest by superstar LeBron James during his stint with Miami.
The Heat signed Nunn on the last day of the 2018-19 regular season. While the sample size is small, the underrated guard is putting himself in rare company and has definitely been impressing everyone around him.
The Heat start their 2019-20 regular season on Wednesday against the Memphis Grizzlies.