- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
- Video: Victor Oladipo throws down angry poster over Andre Drummond
- Tyler Herro admits he ‘definitely thought I would be starting’ as he comments on reserve role with Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade slights Boston Celtics, says they don’t have an identity
Dwyane Wade Takes Notice of Kendrick Nunn, Shouts Him Out After 40-Point Game
- Updated: October 19, 2019
After Nunn’s explosive performance against the Houston Rockets on Friday, Wade shouted out the youngster on Twitter.
I know your name now kid! https://t.co/Eyzc16dJs8
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) October 19, 2019
Nunn, 24, now has the attention of the entire Heat fan base. In the team’s preseason finale against the Rockets, the 6-foot-3 bulldog posted 40 points on 60 percent shooting from downtown. The rookie made multiple dazzling moves, including crafty buckets over former MVPs James Harden and Russell Westbrook.
Furthermore, it was the highest-scoring preseason game by a Heat player in the last 20 years. The impressive display exceeded a 38-point contest by superstar LeBron James during his stint with Miami.
The Heat signed Nunn on the last day of the 2018-19 regular season. While the sample size is small, the underrated guard is putting himself in rare company and has definitely been impressing everyone around him.
The Heat start their 2019-20 regular season on Wednesday against the Memphis Grizzlies.