- Dion Waiters Issues Formal Apology to Miami Heat Upon Return From Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Give Optimistic Update Regarding Dion Waiters
- Steve Kerr Offers Glowing Praise for Miami Heat Franchise
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Plan’ to Bring Back Dion Waiters
- Miami Heat Veterans Shower Bam Adebayo With Praise Amidst Breakout Season
- Kendrick Nunn Explains Why It Will Be Special to Face Golden State Warriors on Friday
- Dwyane Wade Celebrates Thanksgiving by Shouting Out Both Fans and Haters
- Dwyane Wade Issues Strong Response to Gabrielle Union Firing at ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Kendrick Nunn Says He’s ‘Definitely’ 2019-20 Rookie of the Year
- Erik Spoelstra Heavily Praises James Harden, Calls His Ability to Draw Fouls ‘Genius’
Dion Waiters Issues Formal Apology to Miami Heat Upon Return From Suspension
- Updated: November 30, 2019
“I would like to apologize to my teammates, coaches, basketball staff, the fans and the entire organization for the incident that happened on the team plane,” Waiters said. “I was wrong and take responsibility for what happened and am sorry for what it put everyone through.
“I am happy to be back with my teammates and am looking forward to getting back on the court playing basketball.”
Waiters served the suspension for “conduct detrimental to the team” when he overdosed on gummies during a team flight to face the Lakers in Los Angeles a few weeks ago.
He has since returned to practice and will be traveling with the team during its upcoming three-game road trip. But the decision on whether or not he will play still remains in Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra’s hands.