- Report: Chris Bosh has been aiding Miami Heat youngsters Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro
- Miami Heat release devastating injury update for Game 2 of NBA Finals
- Former NBA big man pleads for Miami Heat to sign him so he can guard Anthony Davis
- Jimmy Butler offers supremely confident message with potential loss of Goran Dragic for series
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler offers crucial update on ankle injury suffered in Game 1
- Report: Goran Dragic diagnosed with torn plantar fascia but could return in NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release X-ray results on Bam Adebayo following Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic likely out for rest of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release troubling injury update on Goran Dragic
- Video: Jimmy Butler suffers brutal ankle injury in Game 1 of NBA Finals
Report: Dion Waiters Overdosed on Gummies and Then Had Seizure on Miami Heat Plane
- Updated: November 9, 2019
UPDATE: Dion Waiters is the Heat player who had medical emergency on team plane, I’ve confirmed.
Waiters overdosed on “gummies,” sources say, and was passed out when plane landed.
He had a seizure when he was finally woken up, I’m told.
Waiters was listed out tonight (illness)
— Andy Slater (@AndySlater) November 9, 2019
The eight-year veteran, who has yet to play a game this season, was listed out of the lineup for last night’s Heat-Los Angeles Lakers game. According to the report, he passed out after the plane landed and the seizure occurred after he woke up.
Both the Heat organization and Waiters have not yet confirmed the details of the incident.
Waiters has had a tumultuous start to his 2019-20 season so far. He was suspended from playing in the Heat’s season opener due to “conduct detrimental to the team.”