- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
- Report: Miami Heat Teammate Gave Dion Waiters THC-Infused Gummy
Top 10 Priorities for the Miami Heat This Offseason: Part 2
- Updated: June 9, 2016
6. Consider Re-Signing Luol Deng
After a mediocre 2014-15 season with Miami, Luol Deng really came on in 2015-16. He proved his worth as an elite defender and timely scorer, particularly in the second half of the season after Chris Bosh went out with blood clots. He finished the season averaging 12.3 points and 6.0 rebounds per game and helped carry Miami through the first round of the playoffs against the Charlotte Hornets, to boot.
Now that he is entering free agency, Miami must mull over their options when it comes to Deng. Not much has come out of the Heat camp regarding their stance on Deng, but chances are, they would like to have a player of his caliber back in a Heat uniform. It may be tough to appease his contract needs as he is still an above-average player who can probably land a decent contract on another team.
However, right now, there are too many priorities that rank higher than re-signing Deng to a deal he’d be comfortable with. Time will tell how this situation plays out but the chances of re-signing him may be slim.
Next: Figure out the Chris Bosh Situation