- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
- Here’s the ridiculous package the Rockets wanted from the Heat for James Harden
- Report: Duncan Robinson now eligible for bigger contract after meeting ‘starter criteria’
- Report: NBA executive pegs Miami Heat as potential destination for P.J. Tucker
- Report: Victor Oladipo still hopes to join Miami Heat despite trade to Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat still believe they should have won championship against Lakers
- Here’s the definitive reason why the Miami Heat weren’t serious contenders to trade for James Harden
Miami Heat News: Jimmy Butler to Miss at Least Few Days With Ankle Injury
- Updated: January 25, 2020
There is not great concern about Goran Dragic's status going forward; he should be good to go very soon.
But since Jimmy Butler has a sprained ankle, which presumably means he's out for at least a few days …
Yes, I would expect The Dion Waiters Experience to continue for now.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) January 25, 2020
Butler was forced to leave the game in the fourth quarter following the injury after playing 30 minutes. During that time, he scored 20 points, grabbed eight rebounds and dished out seven assists in the 122-117 loss.
That scoring punch delivered by Butler was the team-high for the night. He is averaging 20.3 points, 7.0 rebounds, 6.5 assists and 1.8 steals per game this season.
The Heat are currently 31-14 and tied for the second-best record in the NBA’s Eastern Conference, with hopes for a long playoff run based on keeping Butler and others healthy. That explains the Heat’s careful approach to bringing him back.
Goran Dragic has been dealing with calf pain, suffered when he was kicked during Wednesday night’s victory over Washington in which he scored 22 points. The expectation is that he’ll be back playing for the Heat in their next contest.
The Heat don’t play again until Monday night, when they host the Orlando Magic in the fourth match of a five-game homestand.
The following night, the Heat host the Boston Celtics before getting the next three nights off.