- Miami Heat release devastating injury update for Game 2 of NBA Finals
- Former NBA big man pleads for Miami Heat to sign him so he can guard Anthony Davis
- Jimmy Butler offers supremely confident message with potential loss of Goran Dragic for series
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler offers crucial update on ankle injury suffered in Game 1
- Report: Goran Dragic diagnosed with torn plantar fascia but could return in NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release X-ray results on Bam Adebayo following Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic likely out for rest of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release troubling injury update on Goran Dragic
- Video: Jimmy Butler suffers brutal ankle injury in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
Miami Heat News: Jimmy Butler to Miss at Least Few Days With Ankle Injury
- Updated: January 25, 2020
There is not great concern about Goran Dragic's status going forward; he should be good to go very soon.
But since Jimmy Butler has a sprained ankle, which presumably means he's out for at least a few days …
Yes, I would expect The Dion Waiters Experience to continue for now.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) January 25, 2020
Butler was forced to leave the game in the fourth quarter following the injury after playing 30 minutes. During that time, he scored 20 points, grabbed eight rebounds and dished out seven assists in the 122-117 loss.
That scoring punch delivered by Butler was the team-high for the night. He is averaging 20.3 points, 7.0 rebounds, 6.5 assists and 1.8 steals per game this season.
The Heat are currently 31-14 and tied for the second-best record in the NBA’s Eastern Conference, with hopes for a long playoff run based on keeping Butler and others healthy. That explains the Heat’s careful approach to bringing him back.
Goran Dragic has been dealing with calf pain, suffered when he was kicked during Wednesday night’s victory over Washington in which he scored 22 points. The expectation is that he’ll be back playing for the Heat in their next contest.
The Heat don’t play again until Monday night, when they host the Orlando Magic in the fourth match of a five-game homestand.
The following night, the Heat host the Boston Celtics before getting the next three nights off.