- Kevin Garnett excludes Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo while thanking Celtics players during HOF speech
- Dwyane Wade give enthusiastic endorsement of J. Cole’s new album ‘The Off-Season’
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat aren’t intimidated by any team: ‘I like our chances against anybody’
- Report: Miami Heat sign promising big man to fill final roster spot for rest of season
- Report: Victor Oladipo could miss entire 2021-22 season after quadriceps surgery
- Report: Luxury watch brand announces exciting new partnership with Miami Heat star Jimmy Butler
- Bam Adebayo’s NSFW reaction to Udonis Haslem getting ejected after altercation with Dwight Howard
- Udonis Haslem’s hilarious comments after getting ejected: ‘I was planning on talking way more s–t’
- Video: Udonis Haslem gets ejected after getting into physical altercation with Dwight Howard
- Report: Miami Heat update Jimmy Butler’s status for crucial game vs. Philadelphia 76ers
10 Reasons Why Dwyane Wade Should Take a Pay Cut
- Updated: June 4, 2015
9. Shouldn’t End Career Like Kobe Bryant
Kobe is arguably one of the top 10 greatest players of all-time.
Having said that, there is little doubt that the past two seasons of Bryant’s career will slightly tarnish his legacy when it’s all said and done.
It already feels like long ago when Kobe was considered a better player than LeBron James and was regarded by many as the best player of his generation.
Fast forward through two non-playoff losing seasons for Kobe and the Lakers, and people now hold Duncan on a higher pedestal than the Laker great.
During the last two years of his NBA career (assuming he retires in 2016 as planned), Bryant will have earned at least $23 million in each of those seasons. In fact, after a season which saw him appear in just 35 games while shooting 37.3 percent from the field, Kobe was the NBA’s highest-paid player at $23.5 million.
This is what happens when a franchise becomes too loyal to an individual based upon a storied legacy and past accomplishments.
Next: Allow Heat to Make Run at Free Agents in 2016