- Report: Miami Heat fans should be ‘surprised’ if they see Victor Oladipo soon
- Bam Adebayo believes Miami Heat still don’t know how to properly close games
- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
10 Reasons Miami Heat Fans Should Watch Summer League
- Updated: July 6, 2015
3. Development of Josh Richardson
While all of the focus is understandably on Winslow, many people are sleeping on the Heat’s second-round draft pick, Richardson.
The 6’6″ shooting guard was selected with the 40th overall pick. Expectations are low because he was a late pick—if he even makes it to the 15-man roster on opening day, that will be considered a success for the University of Tennessee product.
Through two games in summer league, Richardson is averaging eight points, three steals and two blocks in 23 minutes per contest.
In his first game versus the Pacers, the young guard went 9-of-9 from the charity stripe. He commented on his effort during the postgame:
“I play hard every possession. I think I can bring something to this team.”
If he can bring something to the Heat during the regular season, Pat Riley will have struck gold with his decision to select Richardson in the second round.
Next: Potential Breakouts