- Report: Bradley Beal will be No. 1 target for Miami Heat if unable to land Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: Jimmy Butler offered Bam Adebayo part-owner stake in his coffee business for $2.5 million
- Precious Achiuwa reveals Tyler Herro reached out right after draft to invite him to workout
- Miami Heat unveil jaw-dropping ‘ViceVersa’ uniforms for upcoming season
- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
- Report: Miami Heat sign Max Strus to training camp deal
- Miami Heat rising star Tyler Herro favored to win 2 NBA awards next season
- Andre Iguodala predicts former Golden State Warriors teammate to win MVP
- Bam Adebayo must achieve one major goal to be paid full supermax contract
- Jae Crowder demands huge request from Miami Heat after bidding farewell
Jimmy Butler Asserts Miami Heat Can Advance to NBA Finals This Season
- Updated: December 14, 2019
The Miami Heat are playing like one of the best teams in the NBA right now.
That being said, there are still not many experts who would predict Miami to advance to the 2020 NBA Finals. One person who does think a Finals appearance this season is on the table is Heat star Jimmy Butler.
He said as much when speaking with ESPN’s Rachel Nichols.
“Why not? I don’t see why we can’t,” Butler said when Nichols asked about the Heat advancing to the Finals. “As long as we play hard. If we make shots for sure, but we got to be able to say our defense is our anchor.”
It’s a great mentality for a leader of a team to have. Butler clearly has his sights on big things this season and beyond.
The four-time All-Star has excelled in his first season in Miami. He certainly has shown that he’s got what it takes to be the best player on a serious contender.
With a team of talented young players around him, the sky really does seem to be the limit in South Florida. Still, as Butler indicates later in the conversation, there’s a lot of season left to be played.
Right now, Butler and his teammates’ main concern should be to continue to improve as a unit as the season wears on.