- Dwyane Wade Ranks Himself, LeBron James and Chris Bosh in Terms of Talent
- Danny Ainge Says Ray Allen Joining Miami Will Affect Boston’s Decision to Retire His Jersey
- Volleyball Player Says She ‘Messed Up’ After Swerving Derrick Jones Jr. in Her DMs
- Bam Adebayo’s Confidence ‘Through the Roof’ After Impressive All-Star Weekend
- Report: Derrick Jones Jr. Lands Puma Deal After Slam Dunk Contest Win
- Report: Jimmy Butler ‘Angry’ He Wasn’t Inserted in 4th Quarter of All-Star Game
- Video: Common’s All-Star Game Tribute to Dwyane Wade Moves Him to Tears
- Bam Adebayo Says He’d Take Jimmy Butler 1-on-1 Because ‘He’s Trash’
- Video: Dwyane Wade Claps Back at Haters Saying He Rigged the Dunk Contest
- LeBron James Reacts to Aaron Gordon Getting Robbed in 2020 NBA Slam Dunk Contest
Jimmy Butler Asserts Miami Heat Can Advance to NBA Finals This Season
- Updated: December 14, 2019
The Miami Heat are playing like one of the best teams in the NBA right now.
That being said, there are still not many experts who would predict Miami to advance to the 2020 NBA Finals. One person who does think a Finals appearance this season is on the table is Heat star Jimmy Butler.
He said as much when speaking with ESPN’s Rachel Nichols.
“Why not? I don’t see why we can’t,” Butler said when Nichols asked about the Heat advancing to the Finals. “As long as we play hard. If we make shots for sure, but we got to be able to say our defense is our anchor.”
It’s a great mentality for a leader of a team to have. Butler clearly has his sights on big things this season and beyond.
The four-time All-Star has excelled in his first season in Miami. He certainly has shown that he’s got what it takes to be the best player on a serious contender.
With a team of talented young players around him, the sky really does seem to be the limit in South Florida. Still, as Butler indicates later in the conversation, there’s a lot of season left to be played.
Right now, Butler and his teammates’ main concern should be to continue to improve as a unit as the season wears on.