- Numerous Miami Heat players react to making NBA Finals via social media
- Video: Heat fans seen going berserk in Miami after team advances to NBA Finals
- Video: Jimmy Butler discusses having to go through LeBron James-Led team to get to promised land
- Dwyane Wade goes after Paul Pierce after Miami Heat beat Boston Celtics: ‘You know where I live’
- Erik Spoelstra and Bam Adebayo speak out on facing LeBron James and Lakers in NBA Finals
- Video: Bam Adebayo destroys Daniel Theis with vicious poster dunk
- Dwyane Wade gives huge shout-out to LeBron James after making his 10th NBA Finals
- Report: Los Angeles Lakers want to face Miami Heat in NBA Finals
- Tom Thibodeau heaps praise on Pat Riley, looking to mimic Miami Heat culture with New York Knicks
- Report: Jimmy Butler didn’t like ‘lack of professionalism’ on Minnesota Timberwolves
Miami Heat News: Wayne Ellington to Participate in 2018 3-Point Contest
- Updated: January 25, 2018
Though the Miami Heat won’t have a player in either the Feb. 18 NBA All-Star Game or the Rising Stars Challenge, they will have Wayne Ellington representing the team in the 3-point contest the night before the All-Star Game takes place at Staples Center in Los Angeles.
Can confirm that Heat guard Wayne Ellington has accepted a spot in the 3-point contest at the All-Star Game.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) January 25, 2018
Entering the Heat’s Thursday night contest, Ellington ranks fourth in the NBA in 3-pointers with 140 on the year, connecting on them at a rate of 40.6 percent.
The 30-year-old Ellington will be the seventh different Heat player to compete in the event and will look to match the accomplishments of the team’s three winners. Jason Kapono won in 2007, followed by Daequan-Cook in 2009 and James Jones in 2011.
Ellington was the 28th overall selection in the 2009 NBA Draft and played with six different teams before signing a free agent contract with the Heat in July 2016. Since arriving, he’s been primarily used off the bench and is currently averaging 11.2 points per game.