- Report: Miami Heat may be interested in acquiring Harrison Barnes
- Chris Bosh’s wife joins Dwyane Wade in destroying haters due to Julius Randle comparisons
- Report: Tyler Herro and Precious Achiuwa to represent Miami Heat on NBA Rising Stars rosters
- Dwyane Wade drops the mic as he explains why Chris Bosh is undoubtedly better than Julius Randle
- Report: Jimmy Butler approved of James Harden trade when Miami Heat were frontrunners
- Video: Dwyane Wade hilariously catches Shaquille O’Neal snoring in astronaut helmet
- Bam Adebayo’s blunt 5-word assessment after brutal loss to Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat news: Jimmy Butler to miss 2nd straight game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Report: It’s no secret that Victor Oladipo has a desire to play for Miami Heat
- Report: NBA spokesman denies that Jimmy Butler rejected All-Star Game invitation
Report: Udonis Haslem Expected to Miss One Week With Wrist Injury
- Updated: October 13, 2019
It looks like the Miami Heat will be without one of their elder statesmen for the rest of the preseason schedule.
Sprain for Haslem. Expected to miss about a week. https://t.co/7y1xCZOKSU
— Anthony Chiang (@Anthony_Chiang) October 13, 2019
Last season, the power forward was strongly leaning towards retirement, but in August it was announced that he had signed a one year contract to remain with the Heat.
At the time, he even hinted that the 2019-20 season may not be his last season.
Haslem has seen his numbers plunge across the board the last four seasons as he’s played a more limited role than he has in the past.
However, he should be a valuable influence on a team that features several young prospects and a new star in Jimmy Butler.
The Heat have three preseason games remaining. They host the Atlanta Hawks on Monday, and will travel to central Florida to face the Orlando Magic on Thursday before closing out the exhibition season in Miami on Friday against the Houston Rockets.
If Haslem only misses about a week, he should be ready to suit up for the team’s regular-season opener on Wednesday, Oct. 23 at home against the Memphis Grizzlies.