- Miami Heat News: Justise Winslow, Jimmy Butler Set to Return Wednesday vs. Indiana Pacers
- Report: Miami Heat ‘Most Dangerous Team’ to Make Deal Going Forward
- Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving Laud Tyler Herro With Words of Praise
- Hassan Whiteside Dedicates Social Media Post to Former Miami Heat Teammates
- Miami Heat News: Derrick Jones Jr. to Participate in 2020 Slam Dunk Contest
- Report: Duncan Robinson Considered ‘Near Lock’ to Participate in 3-Point Contest
- Kendrick Nunn and Duncan Robinson React to Contracts With Miami Heat Becoming Fully Guaranteed
- Miami Heat News: Jimmy Butler Out Sunday vs. Portland Trail Blazers
- Jimmy Butler Says Miami Heat Not Displaying ‘Culture We Pride Ourselves On’
- Hassan Whiteside Expecting Boos From Miami Heat Crowd in Return Contest
Report: Udonis Haslem Expected to Miss One Week With Wrist Injury
- Updated: October 13, 2019
It looks like the Miami Heat will be without one of their elder statesmen for the rest of the preseason schedule.
Sprain for Haslem. Expected to miss about a week. https://t.co/7y1xCZOKSU
— Anthony Chiang (@Anthony_Chiang) October 13, 2019
Last season, the power forward was strongly leaning towards retirement, but in August it was announced that he had signed a one year contract to remain with the Heat.
At the time, he even hinted that the 2019-20 season may not be his last season.
Haslem has seen his numbers plunge across the board the last four seasons as he’s played a more limited role than he has in the past.
However, he should be a valuable influence on a team that features several young prospects and a new star in Jimmy Butler.
The Heat have three preseason games remaining. They host the Atlanta Hawks on Monday, and will travel to central Florida to face the Orlando Magic on Thursday before closing out the exhibition season in Miami on Friday against the Houston Rockets.
If Haslem only misses about a week, he should be ready to suit up for the team’s regular-season opener on Wednesday, Oct. 23 at home against the Memphis Grizzlies.