- Report: Miami Heat coach leaves team to join Los Angeles Clippers coaching staff
- Report: Duncan Robinson considered ‘top commodity’ in NBA trade market
- Report: Miami Heat ‘would hang the phone up’ if Bam Adebayo was asked for in trade
- Report: Miami Heat worked out PAC-12 Freshman of the Year on Sunday
- Orlando Magic star takes jab at Miami Heat’s Pat Riley after ‘asterisk’ comments
- Video: Diehard Miami Heat fan gets team logo tattooed onto his head
- Tyler Herro shows off several new tattoos while on vacation with girlfriend Katya Elise Henry
- Pat Riley explains what he actually meant by saying 2020 title will always have ‘asterisk’
- Pat Riley not guaranteeing to bring back Meyers Leonard and Derrick Jones Jr. to Miami Heat
- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
Report: Udonis Haslem Expected to Miss One Week With Wrist Injury
- Updated: October 13, 2019
It looks like the Miami Heat will be without one of their elder statesmen for the rest of the preseason schedule.
Sprain for Haslem. Expected to miss about a week. https://t.co/7y1xCZOKSU
— Anthony Chiang (@Anthony_Chiang) October 13, 2019
Last season, the power forward was strongly leaning towards retirement, but in August it was announced that he had signed a one year contract to remain with the Heat.
At the time, he even hinted that the 2019-20 season may not be his last season.
Haslem has seen his numbers plunge across the board the last four seasons as he’s played a more limited role than he has in the past.
However, he should be a valuable influence on a team that features several young prospects and a new star in Jimmy Butler.
The Heat have three preseason games remaining. They host the Atlanta Hawks on Monday, and will travel to central Florida to face the Orlando Magic on Thursday before closing out the exhibition season in Miami on Friday against the Houston Rockets.
If Haslem only misses about a week, he should be ready to suit up for the team’s regular-season opener on Wednesday, Oct. 23 at home against the Memphis Grizzlies.