- Goran Dragic Explains How Heat’s Confrontational Culture Allows Jimmy Butler to Thrive
- Video: Charles Barkley Destroys Miami Heat and Jimmy Butler on National TV
- Video: Jimmy Butler’s Savage Response When Asked About His Relationship With Chris Paul
- Report: Miami Heat Release Initial Test Results From Derrick Jones Jr.’s Scary Injury
- Video: Derrick Jones Jr. Leaves Game on Stretcher After Going Down With Hard Injury
- Jimmy Butler Fully Expects Miami Heat to Get Another Big-Name Player: ‘It’s Gonna Happen’
- Dwyane Wade Responds to Damian Lillard’s Clutch Performance With Warning to Haters
- Report: Miami Heat List Numerous Key Players on Injury Report vs. Indiana Pacers
- David Fizdale Reveals What Dwyane Wade Told LeBron James After Losing 2011 Finals
- Indiana Pacers Star Offers Bold Message About Beating Miami Heat in Upcoming Playoff Series
Report: Udonis Haslem Expected to Miss One Week With Wrist Injury
- Updated: October 13, 2019
It looks like the Miami Heat will be without one of their elder statesmen for the rest of the preseason schedule.
Sprain for Haslem. Expected to miss about a week. https://t.co/7y1xCZOKSU
— Anthony Chiang (@Anthony_Chiang) October 13, 2019
Last season, the power forward was strongly leaning towards retirement, but in August it was announced that he had signed a one year contract to remain with the Heat.
At the time, he even hinted that the 2019-20 season may not be his last season.
Haslem has seen his numbers plunge across the board the last four seasons as he’s played a more limited role than he has in the past.
However, he should be a valuable influence on a team that features several young prospects and a new star in Jimmy Butler.
The Heat have three preseason games remaining. They host the Atlanta Hawks on Monday, and will travel to central Florida to face the Orlando Magic on Thursday before closing out the exhibition season in Miami on Friday against the Houston Rockets.
If Haslem only misses about a week, he should be ready to suit up for the team’s regular-season opener on Wednesday, Oct. 23 at home against the Memphis Grizzlies.