- Report: Miami Heat release injury update on Jimmy Butler after scary moment vs. Phoenix Suns
- Ja Morant expresses no sympathy for Miami Heat having to play 8 games in 12 days
- Report: Miami Heat will have interest in Mike Conley this offseason
- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
Report: LaMarcus Aldridge chooses Brooklyn Nets over Miami Heat
- Updated: March 27, 2021
Big man LaMarcus Aldridge has reportedly chosen to sign with the Brooklyn Nets over the Miami Heat.
Agent Jeff Schwartz of @excelbasketball confirms Aldridge's commitment to signing with Nets to ESPN now. Nets have secured Aldridge and Blake Griffin in the buyout market. Brooklyn is loaded for a title run. https://t.co/KchOTq7Foj
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) March 27, 2021
Aldridge, 35, conducted a buyout with the San Antonio Spurs after the 2021 trade deadline.
The seven-time All-Star reportedly drew interest from several contenders. The Heat were supposedly one of the frontrunners to land Aldridge.
While Aldridge is no longer the superstar he used to be, he provides solid production and sound leadership. He will help the Nets in a variety of different ways as they compete for a championship.
Of course, Brooklyn is one of the best places for Aldridge to go to in order to win a title. The Nets are led by superstars James Harden, Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving.
Aldridge has career averages 19.4 points, 8.3 rebounds and 1.1 blocks per game.