- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
- Report: Miami Heat release injury update on Jimmy Butler after scary moment vs. Phoenix Suns
- Ja Morant expresses no sympathy for Miami Heat having to play 8 games in 12 days
- Report: Miami Heat will have interest in Mike Conley this offseason
- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
Report: Miami Heat expected to emerge as frontrunners for LaMarcus Aldridge once he completes buyout
- Updated: March 25, 2021
Former All-Star big man LaMarcus Aldridge is expected to agree to a contract buyout with the San Antonio Spurs. When he does, it looks like the Heat will be one of the frontrunners to sign him.
Once LaMarcus Aldridge completes a buyout with the Spurs, the Miami Heat are expected to emerge as a frontrunner to sign him, sources tell ESPN. Aldridge plans to talk with several teams before finalizing a decision.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) March 25, 2021
In their trades on Thursday, the Heat addressed their need for a forward who can stretch the court in Nemanja Bjelica.
They also acquired star guard Victor Oladipo. Both are expected to be major contributors for the Heat.
If Aldridge ends up in Miami as well, he will also likely get major minutes. In fact, a recent report indicated that he will likely end up as a starter for either the Heat or Los Angeles Lakers.
The Heat made major waves in the pre-deadline market. Only time will tell if they will make a few splashes in the buyout market as well.