- Jae Crowder Says ‘It Was All Championship Talk’ for Miami Heat Prior to Shutdown
- Jason Williams Breaks His Silence, Proclaims LeBron James the G.O.A.T.
- Jae Crowder Praises Miami Heat Structure for Bringing Out Best in Their Players
- Udonis Haslem Doubles Down on Comments About Willing to Fight Michael Jordan
- Bam Adebayo Still Not Over Team USA Roster Cut as He Sends Strong Message to Critics
- Report: 12 Miami Heat Players Participated in Voluntary Workouts at AmericanAirlines Arena Today
- Boosie Badazz Stands Pat on Zaya Wade Comments: ‘I Ain’t Apologizing’
- Video: Udonis Haslem Showcases Incredible Portfolio of Businesses He Owns
- Udonis Haslem Says He Likely Would’ve Put Hands on Michael Jordan If He Played With Him
- Dwyane Wade Takes Offense to Being Known as ‘LeBron’s Teammate’ on Social Media
Miami Heat News: Heat to Bestow Ultimate Honor Upon Chris Bosh on March 26
- Updated: February 4, 2019
Bosh spent six seasons with the Heat (2010-16), where he won two NBA championships and was named to the NBA All-Star Game six times. During those six seasons, the 34-year-old averaged 18.0 points and 7.3 rebounds per game.
Heat president Pat Riley had lots to say about the announcement.
“I am proud that Chris will have his No. 1 jersey retired and be honored inside the American Airlines Arena with this recognition for the greatness as a player on the court and his tremendous contributions to the Miami community off the court,” said Riley. “His name and jersey will hang forever and always.”
The Georgia Tech product hasn’t played in the NBA since Feb. 9, 2016 because of blood clots. Throughout his career, Bosh averaged 19.2 points and 8.5 rebounds per game.
Bosh will become the fourth Heat player to have his jersey retired. The other three players are Tim Hardaway, Alonzo Mourning and Shaquille O’Neal.
On Twitter, the Heat posted a video to celebrate the announcement and get people excited for the ceremony.
It’s good to see that Bosh’s efforts are being recognized in such a memorable way and that his impact on the organization will be remembered for a long time.