- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
Miami Heat News: Luol Deng Exercises Player Option to Remain with Heat for 2015-16
- Updated: June 29, 2015
Media reports from both WPLG and a tweet from ESPN’s Marc Stein had indicated that Deng was expected to enter the free agent market, but Deng’s agent Herb Rudoy first told the Heat before then telling the Sun Sentinel of the decision, saying, “He thinks their team is going to be terrific, really terrific.”
Deng will make $10.15 million in the second year of a two-year deal. During this past season, he averaged 14.0 points per game and hauled down just over five rebounds per contest, seeing action in 72 games with the Heat.
Like many other players, Deng is hoping to take advantage of the huge jump in each team’s salary cap that will take place during the 2016-17 season.