- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
- Numerous Miami Heat players react to making NBA Finals via social media
- Video: Heat fans seen going berserk in Miami after team advances to NBA Finals
- Video: Jimmy Butler discusses having to go through LeBron James-Led team to get to promised land
- Dwyane Wade goes after Paul Pierce after Miami Heat beat Boston Celtics: ‘You know where I live’
- Erik Spoelstra and Bam Adebayo speak out on facing LeBron James and Lakers in NBA Finals
- Video: Bam Adebayo destroys Daniel Theis with vicious poster dunk
- Dwyane Wade gives huge shout-out to LeBron James after making his 10th NBA Finals
- Report: Los Angeles Lakers want to face Miami Heat in NBA Finals
- Tom Thibodeau heaps praise on Pat Riley, looking to mimic Miami Heat culture with New York Knicks
Miami Heat News: Luol Deng Exercises Player Option to Remain with Heat for 2015-16
- Updated: June 29, 2015
Media reports from both WPLG and a tweet from ESPN’s Marc Stein had indicated that Deng was expected to enter the free agent market, but Deng’s agent Herb Rudoy first told the Heat before then telling the Sun Sentinel of the decision, saying, “He thinks their team is going to be terrific, really terrific.”
Deng will make $10.15 million in the second year of a two-year deal. During this past season, he averaged 14.0 points per game and hauled down just over five rebounds per contest, seeing action in 72 games with the Heat.
Like many other players, Deng is hoping to take advantage of the huge jump in each team’s salary cap that will take place during the 2016-17 season.