- Jimmy Butler predicts why Miami Heat will succeed in playoffs: ‘We get there, us as a team, I’ll handle the rest’
- Erik Spoelstra says Bam Adebayo was ‘really angry’ Miami Heat kept him out of game vs. Houston Rockets
- Report: Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo available to play Wednesday vs. Spurs
- Stephen A. Smith and Spike Lee issue strong criticism regarding Dwyane Wade’s ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Duncan Robinson’s humble reaction after passing Dwyane Wade in Miami Heat record books
- Report: Rockets player gets jumped at strip club, takes bottle to face in Miami day before taking on Heat
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Jimmy Butler, Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Report: Miami Heat have been ‘concerned now for months’ about Tyler Herro’s celebrity status
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Dwyane Wade says Zaire has activated ‘Wade hops’ after he jumps over grown man for impressive dunk
Miami Heat News: Josh Richardson to Miss Significant Time After Latest Injury Update
- Updated: April 4, 2019
The Miami Heat’s chances of securing a playoff spot just got slimmer.
That’s because the team recently revealed that rising star Josh Richardson could be out for up to two weeks with a groin injury.
Sources: MRI on Miami guard Josh Richardson’s groin reveals no damage, but he could miss two weeks — which is an obvious blow to Heat’s chances of securing a playoff spot in final days of season.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) April 4, 2019
Richardson, 25, left Wednesday night’s contest against the Boston Celtics early and didn’t return after falling awkwardly while trying to block a Kyrie Irving layup. The four-year pro finished the game with a mere seven points in 16 minutes.
The injury couldn’t come at a worse time for the Heat, who are currently looking at the playoffs from the outside. Richardson is arguably the team’s best player this year. The squad’s leading scorer is averaging a career-high 16.6 points, 4.1 assists and 3.6 rebounds per game this season.
The Heat continue their fight for a playoff spot Friday against the Minnesota Timberwolves.