- Report: Miami Heat willing to pay ‘going rate for elite shooters’ when Duncan Robinson becomes free agent
- Report: Avery Bradley to return, Goran Dragic out vs. Denver Nuggets
- Report: NBA officials believe Duncan Robinson will get $15-20M annually in free agency
- Udonis Haslem expresses anger over NBA ‘locking up’ players in hotel rooms due to COVID-19
- Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade reacts to tragic COVID-19-related death of Sekou Smith
- Report: Miami Heat could be without 8 players Wednesday vs. Denver Nuggets
- Miami Heat remember Kobe Bryant with incredible 8-minute, 24-second video tribute
- Dwyane Wade reacts to hilarious photo of him and Martha Stewart
- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
Miami Heat News: Josh Richardson to Miss Significant Time After Latest Injury Update
- Updated: April 4, 2019
The Miami Heat’s chances of securing a playoff spot just got slimmer.
That’s because the team recently revealed that rising star Josh Richardson could be out for up to two weeks with a groin injury.
Sources: MRI on Miami guard Josh Richardson’s groin reveals no damage, but he could miss two weeks — which is an obvious blow to Heat’s chances of securing a playoff spot in final days of season.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) April 4, 2019
Richardson, 25, left Wednesday night’s contest against the Boston Celtics early and didn’t return after falling awkwardly while trying to block a Kyrie Irving layup. The four-year pro finished the game with a mere seven points in 16 minutes.
The injury couldn’t come at a worse time for the Heat, who are currently looking at the playoffs from the outside. Richardson is arguably the team’s best player this year. The squad’s leading scorer is averaging a career-high 16.6 points, 4.1 assists and 3.6 rebounds per game this season.
The Heat continue their fight for a playoff spot Friday against the Minnesota Timberwolves.