- J.R. Smith Predicts Miami Heat Will Meet Los Angeles Lakers in NBA Finals
- Report: Jimmy Butler Questionable for Wednesday’s Game vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Bam Adebayo Joins Charles Barkley, Hakeem Olajuwon and Chris Webber With Masterful Performance
- 50 Cent Sparks Controversy After Sharing Tasteless Meme About Dwyane Wade’s Daughter
- Dwyane Wade Applauds Sabrina Ionescu’s ‘Unreal’ Accomplishment
- Bam Adebayo on Heat’s Embarrassing Loss to Cavs: ‘It Can’t Get Worse Than This’
- Miami Heat News: Biscayne Boulevard to Be Renamed Dwyane Wade Boulevard
- Dwyane Wade Dedicates Social Media Post to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Udonis Haslem May Return Next Season to Continue to Mentor Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade Details Troubling Childhood Moment When Cop Put Gun to His Head
Miami Heat News: Josh Richardson to Miss Significant Time After Latest Injury Update
- Updated: April 4, 2019
The Miami Heat’s chances of securing a playoff spot just got slimmer.
That’s because the team recently revealed that rising star Josh Richardson could be out for up to two weeks with a groin injury.
Sources: MRI on Miami guard Josh Richardson’s groin reveals no damage, but he could miss two weeks — which is an obvious blow to Heat’s chances of securing a playoff spot in final days of season.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) April 4, 2019
Richardson, 25, left Wednesday night’s contest against the Boston Celtics early and didn’t return after falling awkwardly while trying to block a Kyrie Irving layup. The four-year pro finished the game with a mere seven points in 16 minutes.
The injury couldn’t come at a worse time for the Heat, who are currently looking at the playoffs from the outside. Richardson is arguably the team’s best player this year. The squad’s leading scorer is averaging a career-high 16.6 points, 4.1 assists and 3.6 rebounds per game this season.
The Heat continue their fight for a playoff spot Friday against the Minnesota Timberwolves.