- Duncan Robinson Heaps Massive Praise Upon Emergence of Tyler Herro in Playoffs
- Jae Crowder Hints at Critical Offensive Changes for Miami Heat Ahead of Game 4
- Meyers Leonard Finally Opens Up on Losing Spot in Miami Heat’s Playoff Rotation
- Dwyane Wade’s Emphatic Reaction to Anthony Davis’ Game-Winner vs. Denver Nuggets
- Jimmy Butler Sends Stern Challenge to Miami Heat Teammates After Game 3 Loss to Boston Celtics
- The Uplifting Advice Udonis Haslem Gave Miami Heat After Disappointing Game 3
- Miami Heat’s Erik Spoelstra on Why Jimmy Butler Wasn’t in at End of 4th Quarter of Game 3
- Brad Stevens Reveals What Boston Celtics Did to Contain Goran Dragic in Game 3
- Meyers Leonard’s Wife Shows Off Huge Difference Between Miami Heat and Boston Celtics Benches
- Report: Boston Celtics Offer Huge Update on Gordon Hayward’s Status for Game 3
Miami Heat News: Josh Richardson to Miss Significant Time After Latest Injury Update
- Updated: April 4, 2019
The Miami Heat’s chances of securing a playoff spot just got slimmer.
That’s because the team recently revealed that rising star Josh Richardson could be out for up to two weeks with a groin injury.
Sources: MRI on Miami guard Josh Richardson’s groin reveals no damage, but he could miss two weeks — which is an obvious blow to Heat’s chances of securing a playoff spot in final days of season.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) April 4, 2019
Richardson, 25, left Wednesday night’s contest against the Boston Celtics early and didn’t return after falling awkwardly while trying to block a Kyrie Irving layup. The four-year pro finished the game with a mere seven points in 16 minutes.
The injury couldn’t come at a worse time for the Heat, who are currently looking at the playoffs from the outside. Richardson is arguably the team’s best player this year. The squad’s leading scorer is averaging a career-high 16.6 points, 4.1 assists and 3.6 rebounds per game this season.
The Heat continue their fight for a playoff spot Friday against the Minnesota Timberwolves.