- Report: Miami Heat fans should be ‘surprised’ if they see Victor Oladipo soon
- Bam Adebayo believes Miami Heat still don’t know how to properly close games
- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
Miami Heat News: Heat to Sign Point Guard Briante Weber to Multi-Year Deal
- Updated: April 9, 2016
The Miami Heat are planning to sign Sioux Falls guard Briante Weber to a three-year contract, league sources tell The Vertical.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) April 9, 2016
Weber, 23, was a big part of the Heat’s NBA Development League affiliate Sioux Falls Skyforce, helping lead them to a 40-10 record in the regular season. The Virginia Commonwealth University product averaged 10.7 points, 5.3 rebounds, 4.2 assists and 2.1 steals in the D-League before getting signed by the Memphis Grizzlies on a 10-day contact in mid-March and playing in just six games.
The 6’2″ point guard will be with the Heat for the rest of the season, including the playoffs, summer league and next couple of years. A big reason Weber was added was because of the vacancy at the backup point guard position. With Josh Richardson being the only point guard in the second unit, the inclusion of Weber gives the Heat extra comfort in case Tyler Johnson’s return doesn’t go as expected come playoff time.
It is also being reported the Heat will sign Dorell Wright, 30, with the extra roster spot before the season ends. The former Heat forward is coming off an impressive season in China, where he averaged 24.3 points, 7.5 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 2.0 steals.