- Report: It’s no secret that Victor Oladipo has a desire to play for Miami Heat
- Report: NBA spokesman denies that Jimmy Butler rejected All-Star Game invitation
- Miami Heat provide injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat earn huge shout-out from Magic Johnson for improved play amid 6-game winning streak
- Jackie MacMullan on Miami Heat potentially making a move: ‘Pat [Riley] will do something’
- Report: Miami Heat and New York Knicks have interest in Victor Oladipo
- Chicago Bulls insider labels Miami Heat as potential destination for Thaddeus Young
- Report: Miami Heat list Jimmy Butler as questionable for game vs. Atlanta Hawks due to new injury
- Report: Houston Rockets could trade Victor Oladipo based on belief that he’ll join Miami Heat in offseason
- Donovan Mitchell compares Jimmy Butler to James Harden in crucial aspect of game: ‘He is an artist’
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Promising Young Guard to 10-Day Contract
- Updated: March 15, 2019
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) March 15, 2019
Cooke has spent the season playing for the Sioux Falls Skyforce, Miami’s G League affiliate.
The 6-foot-5 guard averaged 14.2 points, 4.0 rebounds, 2.2 assists and 1.1 steals per game for Sioux Falls. He shot 35.2 percent from beyond the arc.
Cooke doesn’t have much NBA experience, but he does have some. He went undrafted in the 2017 NBA Draft, but signed a two-way contract with the New Orleans Pelicans.
Cooke appeared in 13 games with the Pelicans last year, but played only 38 total minutes. He averaged 0.5 points per game.
The 23-year old then signed with the Heat prior to this season. He appeared in just one preseason game before being cut and joining Sioux Falls.
Cooke played four years of college basketball before turning professional. He spent his first two years at James Madison University before transferring to the University of Dayton for his final two years.
He averaged 12.8 points, 4.7 rebounds, 1.8 assists and 1.1 steals per game in college. Cooke also developed a reputation as a strong defensive player who can guard multiple positions.