- Report: Miami Heat fans should be ‘surprised’ if they see Victor Oladipo soon
- Bam Adebayo believes Miami Heat still don’t know how to properly close games
- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Promising Young Guard to 10-Day Contract
- Updated: March 15, 2019
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) March 15, 2019
Cooke has spent the season playing for the Sioux Falls Skyforce, Miami’s G League affiliate.
The 6-foot-5 guard averaged 14.2 points, 4.0 rebounds, 2.2 assists and 1.1 steals per game for Sioux Falls. He shot 35.2 percent from beyond the arc.
Cooke doesn’t have much NBA experience, but he does have some. He went undrafted in the 2017 NBA Draft, but signed a two-way contract with the New Orleans Pelicans.
Cooke appeared in 13 games with the Pelicans last year, but played only 38 total minutes. He averaged 0.5 points per game.
The 23-year old then signed with the Heat prior to this season. He appeared in just one preseason game before being cut and joining Sioux Falls.
Cooke played four years of college basketball before turning professional. He spent his first two years at James Madison University before transferring to the University of Dayton for his final two years.
He averaged 12.8 points, 4.7 rebounds, 1.8 assists and 1.1 steals per game in college. Cooke also developed a reputation as a strong defensive player who can guard multiple positions.