- Referee Admits to Huge Officiating Error in Miami Heat’s Loss to Toronto Raptors
- Video: Erik Spoelstra in Utter Disbelief as Fred VanVleet Makes Game-Saving Deflection
- Report: Miami Heat Provide Huge Update on Jimmy Butler’s Availability Monday vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro Seen Going at It in Shooting Competition During Miami Heat Practice
- Jae Crowder Indicates Jimmy Butler Missed Miami Heat Practice Because He’s in Quarantine
- Report: Jimmy Butler Excused From Miami Heat Practice, Status for Monday’s Game Unknown
- Dwyane Wade Reacts to Kelly Olynyk Joining Him in Miami Heat History Books
- Video: Jimmy Butler Yells ‘F–k You Bam’ Live on Air After Miami Heat-Denver Nuggets Game
- Video: Jimmy Butler Gets Denied by NBA Officials as He Tries to Play With Blank Jersey
- Report: Miami Heat Announce New Starting Lineup for 1st Seeding Game Inside NBA Bubble
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Promising Young Guard to 10-Day Contract
- Updated: March 15, 2019
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) March 15, 2019
Cooke has spent the season playing for the Sioux Falls Skyforce, Miami’s G League affiliate.
The 6-foot-5 guard averaged 14.2 points, 4.0 rebounds, 2.2 assists and 1.1 steals per game for Sioux Falls. He shot 35.2 percent from beyond the arc.
Cooke doesn’t have much NBA experience, but he does have some. He went undrafted in the 2017 NBA Draft, but signed a two-way contract with the New Orleans Pelicans.
Cooke appeared in 13 games with the Pelicans last year, but played only 38 total minutes. He averaged 0.5 points per game.
The 23-year old then signed with the Heat prior to this season. He appeared in just one preseason game before being cut and joining Sioux Falls.
Cooke played four years of college basketball before turning professional. He spent his first two years at James Madison University before transferring to the University of Dayton for his final two years.
He averaged 12.8 points, 4.7 rebounds, 1.8 assists and 1.1 steals per game in college. Cooke also developed a reputation as a strong defensive player who can guard multiple positions.