- Bam Adebayo comments on Giannis Antetokounmpo’s uncertain future
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Bam Adebayo’s massive contract extension
- Moe Harkless reveals most important factor that led him to sign with Miami Heat
- Report: Giannis Antetokounmpo ‘more impressed’ by Heat extending Bam Adebayo rather than making him wait
- Report: Miami Heat expected to give Bam Adebayo close to $200 million contract extension
- Report: Bam Adebayo purposely walked by Lakers’ victory party on night Miami Heat lost NBA Finals
- Report: Bam Adebayo’s agent to meet with Miami Heat to discuss max extension
- Meyers Leonard’s NSFW response when asked how much he cares about stats
- Report: Miami Heat sign intriguing 6-foot-8 international prospect
- Goran Dragic offers major update on foot injury he sustained in 2020 NBA Finals
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Center Vashil Fernandez, Waive Stefan Jankovic
- Updated: October 17, 2016
Early Monday afternoon, the Miami Heat made a couple of important roster changes.
Jankovic, 23, played in one of the Heat’s preseason games, going scoreless in three minutes and 40 seconds, against the San Antonio Spurs. The former University of Hawaii forward was signed by the Heat in July but was never expected to make the regular season squad.
Fernandez, 24, led the NCAA in blocks per game (3.31) as a senior and was named the Horizon League Defensive Player of the Year for the second consecutive season. The 6-foot-10 center went undrafted this year after playing all four seasons at Valparaiso University and finishing as the school’s all-time leading shot-blocker.
Although he has made the the preseason roster, Fernandez is expected to get waived later this week. Along with Jankovic, the two will probably find themselves playing for the Heat’s D-League team, the Sioux Falls Skyforce.
Both big men could easily return to the Heat for a variety of reasons. Several other players, like Hassan Whiteside, Tyler Johnson and Briante Weber, have been called back after stints in the D-League.