- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
Miami Heat News: Heat Re-Sign Udonis Haslem to One-Year, $4 Million Deal
- Updated: July 10, 2016
With so many veterans leaving the team this offseason, Haslem will be the focal point of leadership in the locker room. He signed a one-year, $4 million deal with the goal of playing another year after that according to Ethan Skolnick of the Miami Herald.
Udonis Haslem is returning to the Heat on a 1 year, $4 million contract, with the intention of him playing another year after that.
— Ethan J. Skolnick (@EthanJSkolnick) July 10, 2016
Haslem was not an immediate priority for the Heat this offseason, but the team obviously wanted to bring Mr. 305 back. They sent him a highlight video on July 1st but didn’t follow up until the Dwyane Wade saga was over.
Haslem mentioned earlier this offseason that he still has a couple years of good basketball left in him. The 13-year veteran believes he can still contribute 15-20 minutes per night. With so many starters leaving this summer, coach Erik Spoelstra might rely on him a lot more during the season.
Heat fans can let out a sigh of relief now that Haslem agreed to sign a deal to return next year. He is set to be a leader and mentor for all the young players on the current roster.