- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year award over Ja Morant
- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra applauds surprising aspect of Bam Adebayo’s game after dominant performance vs. Pistons
- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
Miami Heat News: Hassan Whiteside to Re-Sign with Heat for $98 Million
- Updated: July 1, 2016
No terms of the agreement were announced by Whiteside, who chose Snapchat and The Players Tribune as his forums to acknowledge the signing.
Whiteside remaining in Miami on a $98 million deal! pic.twitter.com/tm9diee79z
— Basketball Forever (@Bballforeverfb) July 1, 2016
However, according to Tim Reynolds of The Associated Press, Whiteside is inking a max deal that has been estimated at approximately $98 million over four years, based on future salary cap numbers. Heat president Pat Riley had previously stated that getting Whiteside’s signature on a new deal was his main goal.
Whiteside last season: $980,000.
Whiteside new contract: $98,000,000.
100 times more. That is the definition of keeping it ?.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) July 1, 2016
Whiteside’s brief note acknowledged his tumultuous basketball career as one of the reasons for staying:
“I’ve played on eight teams since college — from Reno to Sioux Falls to Sichuan, China. I am not ready for there to be a ninth.”
Riley is now expected to focus on either re-signing Dwyane Wade or making an additional splash in the free agent market.