- Report: Miami Heat have shown interest in Larry Nance Jr.
- Antoine Walker rips Brooklyn Nets’ decision to trade for James Harden: ‘You can’t win with his style’
- Report: Miami Heat are monitoring Minnesota Timberwolves center Karl-Anthony Towns
- Report: Miami Heat have registered ‘serious interest’ in Blake Griffin
- Report: John Wall and Kyle Lowry are ‘potential targets’ for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat may be interested in acquiring Harrison Barnes
- Chris Bosh’s wife joins Dwyane Wade in destroying haters due to Julius Randle comparisons
- Report: Tyler Herro and Precious Achiuwa to represent Miami Heat on NBA Rising Stars rosters
- Dwyane Wade drops the mic as he explains why Chris Bosh is undoubtedly better than Julius Randle
- Report: Jimmy Butler approved of James Harden trade when Miami Heat were frontrunners
Miami Heat News: Hassan Whiteside to Return Tonight, Goran Dragic Out
- Updated: March 4, 2019
According to Miami Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra, Hassan Whiteside will return to the lineup tonight when the Heat host the Atlanta Hawks, though his minutes will likely be limited. Goran Dragic, however, will not play in the game.
Whiteside has missed the last three games due to a left hip strain. He last played on Feb. 25, when he had a stellar performance against the Phoenix Suns, scoring 29 points and grabbing 11 rebounds.
On the year, Whiteside is averaging 12.9 points, 12.3 rebounds and 2.1 blocks per game, while shooting 55.5 percent from the field. His return greatly bolsters Miami’s limited depth at the center position.
Dragic will miss his second consecutive game due to a calf strain. He has been slowed by injuries all year, and has appeared in just 18 of Miami’s 62 games.
The All-Star point guard has been rounding into shape of late, scoring 21 points in his last game, and 27 the game before. He’s averaging 15.3 points and 4.3 assists per game on the season.
Miami is 28-34, and a half game behind the Orlando Magic for the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.