- Udonis Haslem and Dwyane Wade reminisce on getting their ‘a—s beat’ by Allen Iverson in 2003
- Report: Miami Heat schedule an interview with Duke’s Tre Jones
- Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Report: Miami Heat have Paul Millsap and Wesley Matthews ‘on their radar’
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge might be a trade target for the Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat are No. 1 on Victor Oladipo’s list if he leaves Indiana Pacers
- Here’s how Kawhi Leonard joining the Miami Heat would become a ‘possibility’
- Here’s what Philadelphia 76ers would ‘very likely’ demand from Miami Heat for Joel Embiid
- Report: Miami Heat have ‘admiration’ for Paul George’s game as big free agency looms
- Video: Mike Tyson confronts Boosie Badazz over derogatory comments about Dwyane Wade’s transgender daughter
Miami Heat News: Hassan Whiteside to Return Tonight, Goran Dragic Out
- Updated: March 4, 2019
According to Miami Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra, Hassan Whiteside will return to the lineup tonight when the Heat host the Atlanta Hawks, though his minutes will likely be limited. Goran Dragic, however, will not play in the game.
Whiteside has missed the last three games due to a left hip strain. He last played on Feb. 25, when he had a stellar performance against the Phoenix Suns, scoring 29 points and grabbing 11 rebounds.
On the year, Whiteside is averaging 12.9 points, 12.3 rebounds and 2.1 blocks per game, while shooting 55.5 percent from the field. His return greatly bolsters Miami’s limited depth at the center position.
Dragic will miss his second consecutive game due to a calf strain. He has been slowed by injuries all year, and has appeared in just 18 of Miami’s 62 games.
The All-Star point guard has been rounding into shape of late, scoring 21 points in his last game, and 27 the game before. He’s averaging 15.3 points and 4.3 assists per game on the season.
Miami is 28-34, and a half game behind the Orlando Magic for the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.