- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Himself Coaching Up LeBron James Jr. on Sideline
- Udonis Haslem Unveils Latest Initiative to Help South Florida Community
- Hassan Whiteside Admits He Wanted to Go to Portland Trail Blazers ‘for Years’
- Pat Riley ‘Happy Right Now’ With One Star, Has ‘Shown Restraint’ With Targeting Others
- Jimmy Butler Viciously Blocks KZ Okpala, Talks Major Trash During Miami Heat Scrimmage
- Josh Richardson Says ‘Soft’ Players Cannot Make It in Miami Heat’s Culture
- Jimmy Butler responds to Joel Embiid: ‘Continue to prove why you’re the best player in this league’
- Multiple NBA Players Clown Jimmy Butler for Working Out at 3:30 A.M.
- Jimmy Butler Fires Back at Heckling Fan: ‘I Can’t Wash My A–?’
- Joel Embiid Says He Wishes Jimmy Butler Were Still on Philadelphia 76ers
Miami Heat News: Goran Dragic Makes Decision on $19.2M Player Option for 2019-20 Season
- Updated: June 13, 2019
The final year on Dragic’s contract is worth $19.2 million.
It had long been reported that Dragic was expected to pick up the player option. At 33 years old and coming off a season that was marred by injury, it is highly unlikely that Dragic would have earned anywhere near the $19.2 million on the free agent market if he had decided to opt out.
Now, it will be interesting to see what the Heat decide to do with Dragic. There is no doubt that he is a talented veteran, but with Miami looking to focus on its young talent, it seems unlikely that he will be inserted into the starting lineup for the 2019-20 campaign.
One interesting aspect of Dragic’s contract now is that it is set to become an expiring contract. That means that it could soon become a valuable trade asset for a Heat team that is desperate to acquire new talent both this summer and beyond.