- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on His Iconic Pregame Routine With Miami Heat
Miami Heat News: Goran Dragic Makes Decision on $19.2M Player Option for 2019-20 Season
- Updated: June 13, 2019
The final year on Dragic’s contract is worth $19.2 million.
It had long been reported that Dragic was expected to pick up the player option. At 33 years old and coming off a season that was marred by injury, it is highly unlikely that Dragic would have earned anywhere near the $19.2 million on the free agent market if he had decided to opt out.
Now, it will be interesting to see what the Heat decide to do with Dragic. There is no doubt that he is a talented veteran, but with Miami looking to focus on its young talent, it seems unlikely that he will be inserted into the starting lineup for the 2019-20 campaign.
One interesting aspect of Dragic’s contract now is that it is set to become an expiring contract. That means that it could soon become a valuable trade asset for a Heat team that is desperate to acquire new talent both this summer and beyond.