- LeBron James dedicates incredible 8-photo tribute to Dwyane Wade for his birthday
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Monday’s matchup vs. Detroit Pistons
- Jimmy Butler shares video of Dwyane Wade’s hilarious karaoke performance to celebrate his birthday
- James Harden salutes Dwyane Wade for inspiring message of support after Nets debut
- Bam Adebayo calls out teammates for not living up to Miami Heat culture after blowout loss
- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
Miami Heat News: Goran Dragic Makes Decision on $19.2M Player Option for 2019-20 Season
- Updated: June 13, 2019
The final year on Dragic’s contract is worth $19.2 million.
It had long been reported that Dragic was expected to pick up the player option. At 33 years old and coming off a season that was marred by injury, it is highly unlikely that Dragic would have earned anywhere near the $19.2 million on the free agent market if he had decided to opt out.
Now, it will be interesting to see what the Heat decide to do with Dragic. There is no doubt that he is a talented veteran, but with Miami looking to focus on its young talent, it seems unlikely that he will be inserted into the starting lineup for the 2019-20 campaign.
One interesting aspect of Dragic’s contract now is that it is set to become an expiring contract. That means that it could soon become a valuable trade asset for a Heat team that is desperate to acquire new talent both this summer and beyond.