- Report: Miami Heat worked out PAC-12 Freshman of the Year on Sunday
- Orlando Magic star takes jab at Miami Heat’s Pat Riley after ‘asterisk’ comments
- Video: Diehard Miami Heat fan gets team logo tattooed onto his head
- Tyler Herro shows off several new tattoos while on vacation with girlfriend Katya Elise Henry
- Pat Riley explains what he actually meant by saying 2020 title will always have ‘asterisk’
- Pat Riley not guaranteeing to bring back Meyers Leonard and Derrick Jones Jr. to Miami Heat
- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
Miami Heat News: Goran Dragic Makes Decision on $19.2M Player Option for 2019-20 Season
- Updated: June 13, 2019
The final year on Dragic’s contract is worth $19.2 million.
It had long been reported that Dragic was expected to pick up the player option. At 33 years old and coming off a season that was marred by injury, it is highly unlikely that Dragic would have earned anywhere near the $19.2 million on the free agent market if he had decided to opt out.
Now, it will be interesting to see what the Heat decide to do with Dragic. There is no doubt that he is a talented veteran, but with Miami looking to focus on its young talent, it seems unlikely that he will be inserted into the starting lineup for the 2019-20 campaign.
One interesting aspect of Dragic’s contract now is that it is set to become an expiring contract. That means that it could soon become a valuable trade asset for a Heat team that is desperate to acquire new talent both this summer and beyond.