- Report: Miami Heat interested in Moe Wagner if he clears waivers
- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
- Report: Isaiah Thomas receiving interest from Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks
- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
Miami Heat News: Goran Dragic Makes Decision on $19.2M Player Option for 2019-20 Season
- Updated: June 13, 2019
The final year on Dragic’s contract is worth $19.2 million.
It had long been reported that Dragic was expected to pick up the player option. At 33 years old and coming off a season that was marred by injury, it is highly unlikely that Dragic would have earned anywhere near the $19.2 million on the free agent market if he had decided to opt out.
Now, it will be interesting to see what the Heat decide to do with Dragic. There is no doubt that he is a talented veteran, but with Miami looking to focus on its young talent, it seems unlikely that he will be inserted into the starting lineup for the 2019-20 campaign.
One interesting aspect of Dragic’s contract now is that it is set to become an expiring contract. That means that it could soon become a valuable trade asset for a Heat team that is desperate to acquire new talent both this summer and beyond.