- Erik Spoelstra and Bam Adebayo speak out on facing LeBron James and Lakers in NBA Finals
- Video: Bam Adebayo destroys Daniel Theis with vicious poster dunk
- Dwyane Wade gives huge shout-out to LeBron James after making his 10th NBA Finals
- Report: Los Angeles Lakers want to face Miami Heat in NBA Finals
- Tom Thibodeau heaps praise on Pat Riley, looking to mimic Miami Heat culture with New York Knicks
- Report: Jimmy Butler didn’t like ‘lack of professionalism’ on Minnesota Timberwolves
- Paul Pierce throws massive shade at Tyler Herro for calling himself a ‘bucket’
- Dejected Bam Adebayo has harsh message for himself after Game 5 loss to Celtics
- Video: Jaylen Brown blows kiss to Miami Heat bench after making back-to-back 3s
- Video: Udonis Haslem seen ripping into Miami Heat players in 3rd quarter of Game 5
Miami Heat News: American Airlines Arena to Change Name Starting Next Season
- Updated: September 11, 2019
Since its opening in 1999, AmericanAirlines Arena has been home to the Miami Heat.
While the team will still be playing home games in the actual building for the foreseeable future, the arena will soon be given a new name.
According to a Monday report, American Airlines is no longer vying for the naming rights that it purchased over 20 years ago.
“American Airlines, they’re not in the mix,” Miami-Dade Deputy Mayor Ed Marquez said.
While nothing has yet been made official, it is reported that at least one nationally known company is currently in advanced talks to take over the naming rights.
“They’ve toured the site and are in discussions with the Heat,” Marquez revealed.
AmericanAirlines Arena has become synonymous with the Heat over the years, but as the old adage goes, all good things must come to an end.
Whichever company takes over the naming rights from here on out will surely be proud to do so.
Hopefully, the Heat get the opportunity to christen the building with additional championship banners in the near future, whatever the name.