- Stephen A. Smith and Spike Lee issue strong criticism regarding Dwyane Wade’s ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Duncan Robinson’s humble reaction after passing Dwyane Wade in Miami Heat record books
- Report: Rockets player gets jumped at strip club, takes bottle to face in Miami day before taking on Heat
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Jimmy Butler, Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Report: Miami Heat have been ‘concerned now for months’ about Tyler Herro’s celebrity status
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Dwyane Wade says Zaire has activated ‘Wade hops’ after he jumps over grown man for impressive dunk
- Bam Adebayo issues strong message to ‘switch that narrative’ of Jimmy Butler calling out Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat big man remembers Dwyane Wade displaying Michael ‘Jordan-esque’ tendencies early in career
- Report: Miami Heat expect Victor Oladipo to return from knee injury this season
Miami Heat News: American Airlines Arena to Change Name Starting Next Season
- Updated: September 11, 2019
Since its opening in 1999, AmericanAirlines Arena has been home to the Miami Heat.
While the team will still be playing home games in the actual building for the foreseeable future, the arena will soon be given a new name.
According to a Monday report, American Airlines is no longer vying for the naming rights that it purchased over 20 years ago.
“American Airlines, they’re not in the mix,” Miami-Dade Deputy Mayor Ed Marquez said.
While nothing has yet been made official, it is reported that at least one nationally known company is currently in advanced talks to take over the naming rights.
“They’ve toured the site and are in discussions with the Heat,” Marquez revealed.
AmericanAirlines Arena has become synonymous with the Heat over the years, but as the old adage goes, all good things must come to an end.
Whichever company takes over the naming rights from here on out will surely be proud to do so.
Hopefully, the Heat get the opportunity to christen the building with additional championship banners in the near future, whatever the name.