- Report: There Have Been ‘3 Other Events’ Involving Dion Waiters That Haven’t Been Reported
- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
Miami Heat News: Alonzo Mourning to Represent Heat at Draft Lottery
- Updated: May 7, 2019
Mourning will be representing the Heat at the event for the third time. He was there when the Heat grabbed the No. 14 overall pick in 2017. The former star big man was also present when the Heat nabbed the No. 10 overall pick in 2015.
Miami did not participate in the draft lottery in 2016 or 2018.
The Heat are hoping to catch a big break in the draft lottery this year. Miami is likely to pick 13th, as they have a 90.6 percent probability of landing in that slot.
However, they could get lucky. Miami has a 1.0 percent chance at nabbing the top overall pick, and a chance to draft Zion Williamson.
The team also has a 1.1 percent chance of drafting second, a 1.2 percent chance of drafting third, and a 1.4 percent chance of drafting fourth.
Mourning is a perfect representative for the Heat, as he played 11 years in Miami. During that time, Mourning was named an All-Star five times and helped the Heat win the 2006 title.
The 2014 Hall of Fame selection now serves as an executive for the organization.
The draft lottery takes place on Tuesday, May 14.