- Miami Heat News: Kendrick Nunn Named to 2019 Summer League First Team
- Dwyane Wade Agrees With Compelling Reason Why Lakers Should Bring Back Blue Throwback Jerseys
- Report: It’s ‘Very Likely’ That Duncan Robinson Will Make Miami Heat’s Roster
- Report: Bradley Beal Not Likely to Remain on ‘Washington Wizards’
- Former Miami Heat Broadcaster Takes Several Shots at Dan Dakich for His Awful Take on Erik Spoelstra
- Erik Spoelstra Gets Disrespected Live on Air During NBA Summer League Broadcast
- Report: OKC Thunder Have Offered ‘Nothing Enticing’ to Interest Miami Heat in Chris Paul Talks
- Video: Duncan Robinson Knocks Down Extraordinary Summer League Buzzer-Beater
- Here’s What the Miami Heat Are Asking for in a Potential Chris Paul Deal
- Report: Jimmy Butler to Wear No. 22 With Miami Heat
Miami Heat News: Alonzo Mourning to Represent Heat at Draft Lottery
- Updated: May 7, 2019
Mourning will be representing the Heat at the event for the third time. He was there when the Heat grabbed the No. 14 overall pick in 2017. The former star big man was also present when the Heat nabbed the No. 10 overall pick in 2015.
Miami did not participate in the draft lottery in 2016 or 2018.
The Heat are hoping to catch a big break in the draft lottery this year. Miami is likely to pick 13th, as they have a 90.6 percent probability of landing in that slot.
However, they could get lucky. Miami has a 1.0 percent chance at nabbing the top overall pick, and a chance to draft Zion Williamson.
The team also has a 1.1 percent chance of drafting second, a 1.2 percent chance of drafting third, and a 1.4 percent chance of drafting fourth.
Mourning is a perfect representative for the Heat, as he played 11 years in Miami. During that time, Mourning was named an All-Star five times and helped the Heat win the 2006 title.
The 2014 Hall of Fame selection now serves as an executive for the organization.
The draft lottery takes place on Tuesday, May 14.