- Kendrick Perkins makes a bold claim about Tyler Herro
- Report: Miami Heat insider breaks down how team could acquire Danilo Gallinari
- Report: Jimmy Butler amongst stars whose stock rose highest in NBA bubble
- Report: Miami Heat already locking in on their next promising draft prospect
- Duncan Robinson says Lakers trash-talking during NBA Finals included calling him ‘Jimmy Neutron’
- Report: Kelly Olynyk expected to opt in for 2020-21 season with Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat request Zoom session with intriguing big man Jalen Smith
- Report: Miami Heat expressing interest in dynamic Denver Nuggets forward
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler seen repping Dwyane Wade in epic fashion
- Report: Victor Oladipo’s interest in joining Miami higher than Heat’s interest in him
Miami Heat News: Alonzo Mourning to Represent Heat at Draft Lottery
- Updated: May 7, 2019
Mourning will be representing the Heat at the event for the third time. He was there when the Heat grabbed the No. 14 overall pick in 2017. The former star big man was also present when the Heat nabbed the No. 10 overall pick in 2015.
Miami did not participate in the draft lottery in 2016 or 2018.
The Heat are hoping to catch a big break in the draft lottery this year. Miami is likely to pick 13th, as they have a 90.6 percent probability of landing in that slot.
However, they could get lucky. Miami has a 1.0 percent chance at nabbing the top overall pick, and a chance to draft Zion Williamson.
The team also has a 1.1 percent chance of drafting second, a 1.2 percent chance of drafting third, and a 1.4 percent chance of drafting fourth.
Mourning is a perfect representative for the Heat, as he played 11 years in Miami. During that time, Mourning was named an All-Star five times and helped the Heat win the 2006 title.
The 2014 Hall of Fame selection now serves as an executive for the organization.
The draft lottery takes place on Tuesday, May 14.