- Jimmy Butler offers supremely confident message with potential loss of Goran Dragic for series
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler offers crucial update on ankle injury suffered in Game 1
- Report: Goran Dragic diagnosed with torn plantar fascia but could return in NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release X-ray results on Bam Adebayo following Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic likely out for rest of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release troubling injury update on Goran Dragic
- Video: Jimmy Butler suffers brutal ankle injury in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
- Kendrick Perkins makes blasphemous statement about Miami Heat’s chances against Los Angeles Lakers
- Report: Minnesota Timberwolves were uncomfortable with Jimmy Butler wanting to be ‘toughest MFer in the room’
Zaire Wade Sends Beautiful Message to Zaya Amidst Gender Change
- Updated: February 13, 2020
The elder Wade and his entire family have been completely supportive of the young child ever since he announced his new identity.
That fact was mirrored by an emotional Instagram post from Zaire Wade, who is of course the Heat legend’s eldest child.
View this post on Instagram
Man, I remember bugging my mom as a kid telling her I wanted a brother so bad. I was the only child looking for company and someone to look after and take care of. I have been blessed to have my best friend, Zaya with me for 12 years. We did everything together…we fought, we played, we laughed and we cried. But the one thing we never did was leave each other behind… I’ve told you that I would lay my life down to make sure you are ten toes down and happy on this earth. I don’t care what they think Z, you are my best friend and I love you kid, and if it means anything, just know there’s no love lost on this side ✊?
The 18-year-old’s message is quite poignant and just another sign that Dwyane Wade has served as an exemplary father through the years.
His message is also a fantastic example of how familial love can overcome any obstacle, and how acceptance always trumps rejection.
Without a doubt, the entire Wade family is unified in their support.
It will be exciting to see what the future holds for all of the Wade children.