- Jason Williams Breaks His Silence, Proclaims LeBron James the G.O.A.T.
- Jae Crowder Praises Miami Heat Structure for Bringing Out Best in Their Players
- Udonis Haslem Doubles Down on Comments About Willing to Fight Michael Jordan
- Bam Adebayo Still Not Over Team USA Roster Cut as He Sends Strong Message to Critics
- Report: 12 Miami Heat Players Participated in Voluntary Workouts at AmericanAirlines Arena Today
- Boosie Badazz Stands Pat on Zaya Wade Comments: ‘I Ain’t Apologizing’
- Video: Udonis Haslem Showcases Incredible Portfolio of Businesses He Owns
- Udonis Haslem Says He Likely Would’ve Put Hands on Michael Jordan If He Played With Him
- Dwyane Wade Takes Offense to Being Known as ‘LeBron’s Teammate’ on Social Media
- Caron Butler Says LeBron James and Dwyane Wade Mocking Dirk Nowitzki Lost Them 2011 Finals
Zaire Wade Sends Beautiful Message to Zaya Amidst Gender Change
- Updated: February 13, 2020
The elder Wade and his entire family have been completely supportive of the young child ever since he announced his new identity.
That fact was mirrored by an emotional Instagram post from Zaire Wade, who is of course the Heat legend’s eldest child.
View this post on Instagram
Man, I remember bugging my mom as a kid telling her I wanted a brother so bad. I was the only child looking for company and someone to look after and take care of. I have been blessed to have my best friend, Zaya with me for 12 years. We did everything together…we fought, we played, we laughed and we cried. But the one thing we never did was leave each other behind… I’ve told you that I would lay my life down to make sure you are ten toes down and happy on this earth. I don’t care what they think Z, you are my best friend and I love you kid, and if it means anything, just know there’s no love lost on this side ✊?
The 18-year-old’s message is quite poignant and just another sign that Dwyane Wade has served as an exemplary father through the years.
His message is also a fantastic example of how familial love can overcome any obstacle, and how acceptance always trumps rejection.
Without a doubt, the entire Wade family is unified in their support.
It will be exciting to see what the future holds for all of the Wade children.