- Report: Miami Heat release injury update on Jimmy Butler after scary moment vs. Phoenix Suns
- Ja Morant expresses no sympathy for Miami Heat having to play 8 games in 12 days
- Report: Miami Heat will have interest in Mike Conley this offseason
- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
Zaire Wade Sends Beautiful Message to Zaya Amidst Gender Change
- Updated: February 13, 2020
The elder Wade and his entire family have been completely supportive of the young child ever since he announced his new identity.
That fact was mirrored by an emotional Instagram post from Zaire Wade, who is of course the Heat legend’s eldest child.
View this post on Instagram
Man, I remember bugging my mom as a kid telling her I wanted a brother so bad. I was the only child looking for company and someone to look after and take care of. I have been blessed to have my best friend, Zaya with me for 12 years. We did everything together…we fought, we played, we laughed and we cried. But the one thing we never did was leave each other behind… I’ve told you that I would lay my life down to make sure you are ten toes down and happy on this earth. I don’t care what they think Z, you are my best friend and I love you kid, and if it means anything, just know there’s no love lost on this side ✊?
The 18-year-old’s message is quite poignant and just another sign that Dwyane Wade has served as an exemplary father through the years.
His message is also a fantastic example of how familial love can overcome any obstacle, and how acceptance always trumps rejection.
Without a doubt, the entire Wade family is unified in their support.
It will be exciting to see what the future holds for all of the Wade children.