- Zaire Wade Sends Beautiful Message to Zaya Amidst Gender Change
- Report: Meyers Leonard Expected to Remain Sidelined After All-Star Break
- Miami Heat News: Dwyane Wade to Be 2020 Slam Dunk Contest Judge
- Pat Riley Relates Bam Adebayo to Alonzo Mourning and Dwayne Wade
- Report: Bam Adebayo’s Insane Pre-Draft Workout Including Him Cursing at Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Derrick Jones Jr. Requests to Guard NBA’s Best Players, Says He’s Better On-Ball Defender Than Jimmy Butler
- Report: NBA Superstar Currently Under Contract Will Request Trade to Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade Opens Up About Supporting His Transgender Child, Who’s Now Going by Zaya
- Video: Joel Embiid Receives Chorus of Boos After Being Introduced in Philadelphia
- D’Angelo Russell Fires Back at NBA Reporter After He Criticizes Timberwolves on National TV
Zaire Wade Sends Beautiful Message to Zaya Amidst Gender Change
- Updated: February 13, 2020
The elder Wade and his entire family have been completely supportive of the young child ever since he announced his new identity.
That fact was mirrored by an emotional Instagram post from Zaire Wade, who is of course the Heat legend’s eldest child.
View this post on Instagram
Man, I remember bugging my mom as a kid telling her I wanted a brother so bad. I was the only child looking for company and someone to look after and take care of. I have been blessed to have my best friend, Zaya with me for 12 years. We did everything together…we fought, we played, we laughed and we cried. But the one thing we never did was leave each other behind… I’ve told you that I would lay my life down to make sure you are ten toes down and happy on this earth. I don’t care what they think Z, you are my best friend and I love you kid, and if it means anything, just know there’s no love lost on this side ✊🏾
The 18-year-old’s message is quite poignant and just another sign that Dwyane Wade has served as an exemplary father through the years.
His message is also a fantastic example of how familial love can overcome any obstacle, and how acceptance always trumps rejection.
Without a doubt, the entire Wade family is unified in their support.
It will be exciting to see what the future holds for all of the Wade children.