- Report: Miami Heat have shown interest in Larry Nance Jr.
- Antoine Walker rips Brooklyn Nets’ decision to trade for James Harden: ‘You can’t win with his style’
- Report: Miami Heat are monitoring Minnesota Timberwolves center Karl-Anthony Towns
- Report: Miami Heat have registered ‘serious interest’ in Blake Griffin
- Report: John Wall and Kyle Lowry are ‘potential targets’ for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat may be interested in acquiring Harrison Barnes
- Chris Bosh’s wife joins Dwyane Wade in destroying haters due to Julius Randle comparisons
- Report: Tyler Herro and Precious Achiuwa to represent Miami Heat on NBA Rising Stars rosters
- Dwyane Wade drops the mic as he explains why Chris Bosh is undoubtedly better than Julius Randle
- Report: Jimmy Butler approved of James Harden trade when Miami Heat were frontrunners
Miami Heat News: Dion Waiters Questionable for Friday’s Game vs. Cavs
- Updated: January 25, 2019
Waiters returned to the court for the Heat on Jan. 2 after undergoing surgery last January, a game that was also played in Cleveland. After playing 11 minutes and scoring seven points in that contest, he sat out the next two games.
In five of the eight games since then, he’s seen more than 20 minutes of action. However, in the three other contests, he played 12 minutes or less, with the 12-minute performance at Milwaukee on Jan. 15 leading to an angry postgame tirade about his playing time. That led to a fine from the team.
Waiters is averaging 9.4 points, 2.2 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game. From the field, he’s connecting at a rate of 44.3 percent, while hitting on 31.8 percent of his shots from beyond the arc.
Following the Heat’s game against the Cavaliers, they head to Manhattan to face the New York Knicks at Madison Square Garden on Sunday night. A three-game homestand will follow before Miami embarks on a six-game road trip that will see it face five teams from the Western Conference.