- NBA Twitter erupts after Tyler Herro’s monster Game 4 performance vs. Boston Celtics
- Bam Adebayo shares update on wrist injury suffered in Game 4, gives status for Game 5
- Tyler Herro has incredible message for Jimmy Butler as Miami Heat prepare to advance to NBA Finals
- Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade responds to possibility of taking over for Pat Riley
- Miami Heat vs. Boston Celtics Game 4 live stream: Watch NBA playoffs online and on TV
- Dwyane Wade explains why Miami Heat rookie Tyler Herro has that ‘it’ factor
- Udonis Haslem unveils fascinating story, credits Jae Crowder’s father for his NBA career
- Jayson Tatum lets people know Boston Celtics are still losing series to Miami Heat
- Boston Celtics forward gushes about ‘explosive’ and ‘super talented’ Bam Adebayo
- Miami Heat GM on What Stood Out About Bam Adebayo During Draft Workout That Was ‘Extraordinary’
Miami Heat News: Dion Waiters Questionable for Friday’s Game vs. Cavs
- Updated: January 25, 2019
Waiters returned to the court for the Heat on Jan. 2 after undergoing surgery last January, a game that was also played in Cleveland. After playing 11 minutes and scoring seven points in that contest, he sat out the next two games.
In five of the eight games since then, he’s seen more than 20 minutes of action. However, in the three other contests, he played 12 minutes or less, with the 12-minute performance at Milwaukee on Jan. 15 leading to an angry postgame tirade about his playing time. That led to a fine from the team.
Waiters is averaging 9.4 points, 2.2 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game. From the field, he’s connecting at a rate of 44.3 percent, while hitting on 31.8 percent of his shots from beyond the arc.
Following the Heat’s game against the Cavaliers, they head to Manhattan to face the New York Knicks at Madison Square Garden on Sunday night. A three-game homestand will follow before Miami embarks on a six-game road trip that will see it face five teams from the Western Conference.