- Report: Miami Heat exercise team option on guard Tyler Herro
- Tyler Herro’s big personal goal for upcoming NBA season
- Details emerge about Jimmy Butler’s rumored romance with Selena Gomez
- Report: Bradley Beal will be No. 1 target for Miami Heat if unable to land Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: Jimmy Butler offered Bam Adebayo part-owner stake in his coffee business for $2.5 million
- Precious Achiuwa reveals Tyler Herro reached out right after draft to invite him to workout
- Miami Heat unveil jaw-dropping ‘ViceVersa’ uniforms for upcoming season
- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
- Report: Miami Heat sign Max Strus to training camp deal
- Miami Heat rising star Tyler Herro favored to win 2 NBA awards next season
Miami Heat News: Dion Waiters Questionable for Friday’s Game vs. Cavs
- Updated: January 25, 2019
Waiters returned to the court for the Heat on Jan. 2 after undergoing surgery last January, a game that was also played in Cleveland. After playing 11 minutes and scoring seven points in that contest, he sat out the next two games.
In five of the eight games since then, he’s seen more than 20 minutes of action. However, in the three other contests, he played 12 minutes or less, with the 12-minute performance at Milwaukee on Jan. 15 leading to an angry postgame tirade about his playing time. That led to a fine from the team.
Waiters is averaging 9.4 points, 2.2 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game. From the field, he’s connecting at a rate of 44.3 percent, while hitting on 31.8 percent of his shots from beyond the arc.
Following the Heat’s game against the Cavaliers, they head to Manhattan to face the New York Knicks at Madison Square Garden on Sunday night. A three-game homestand will follow before Miami embarks on a six-game road trip that will see it face five teams from the Western Conference.