- Wayne Ellington Explains How Putting on Miami Heat Jersey Made Him Feel ‘Valued’
- Dwyane Wade Has Amazing Response for High Schooler Talking Trash About Zaire Wade’s Team
- Report: Devin Booker Could Be Target for Miami Heat If They Strike Out in 2021
- Report: Bradley Beal Still Weighing Extension With Wizards, Heat to Receive ‘Serious’ Consideration
- KZ Okpala Talks Adding Muscle, ‘Being as Versatile as Possible’ Going Into Rookie Year
- Kendrick Nunn’s High School Coach: ‘He’s Right Up There’ With Alums Derrick Rose and Jabari Parker
- Report: Ice Cube Looking to Add Dwyane Wade to BIG3 in the Future
- Miami Heat News: 3 Players Expected to Compete for Pair of 2-Way Contracts
- Dwyane Wade to Join Chinese Reality Show ‘Dunk of China’
- Tyler Herro Comes to Kyle Kuzma’s Defense After Other NBA Players Destroy Him
James Harden and Russell Westbrook Show Dion Waiters Love via Social Media
- Updated: August 14, 2019
After Waiters posted an encouraging and touching tribute to his son on Instagram, Houston Rockets superstars James Harden and Russell Westbrook made sure to show the Heat father some love.
Waiters, 27, has endured a ton of criticism over the last year due to gaining weight and not playing up to his big contract. However, the 6-foot-4 guard has been in the gym this summer and mightily improved his game.
While Waiters showed All-Star potential in his first season with the Heat, he saw his production come down after dealing with a nagging ankle injury. The veteran ended up starting in 28 of the 44 contests that he played in during the 2018-19 campaign, putting up 12.0 points, 2.8 assists and 2.6 rebounds per game.
It appears all the scrutiny and maturity Waiters had to go through made him grow up more. The emotional post to his son is a significant depiction of the journeyman’s strength in the midst of a tumultuous year.