- Report: Ben Simmons Has Been Training With Dwyane Wade in Los Angeles
- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
James Harden and Russell Westbrook Show Dion Waiters Love via Social Media
- Updated: August 14, 2019
After Waiters posted an encouraging and touching tribute to his son on Instagram, Houston Rockets superstars James Harden and Russell Westbrook made sure to show the Heat father some love.
Waiters, 27, has endured a ton of criticism over the last year due to gaining weight and not playing up to his big contract. However, the 6-foot-4 guard has been in the gym this summer and mightily improved his game.
While Waiters showed All-Star potential in his first season with the Heat, he saw his production come down after dealing with a nagging ankle injury. The veteran ended up starting in 28 of the 44 contests that he played in during the 2018-19 campaign, putting up 12.0 points, 2.8 assists and 2.6 rebounds per game.
It appears all the scrutiny and maturity Waiters had to go through made him grow up more. The emotional post to his son is a significant depiction of the journeyman’s strength in the midst of a tumultuous year.