- Jimmy Butler offers surprising reaction to not being selected to this year’s All-Star team
- Report: Miami Heat ‘well positioned’ to sign John Collins this offseason
- Report: Miami Heat among ‘potential trade destinations’ for Kyle Lowry
- Report: Miami Heat ‘internally has discussed’ DeMarcus Cousins, Blake Griffin and Rudy Gay, among others
- Report: Goran Dragic to make long-awaited return tonight vs. Toronto Raptors
- Dwyane Wade issues beautiful message to Tiger Woods after horrific car accident
- Report: Miami Heat offer impactful update on statuses of Goran Dragic and Tyler Herro
- P.J. Tucker reacts in shock to Bam Adebayo’s All-Star Game snub
- Dwyane Wade leaves Bam Adebayo and Jimmy Butler off his All-Star reserves list
- Report: Miami Heat granted sizable disabled player exception due to Meyers Leonard’s season-ending injury
James Harden and Russell Westbrook Show Dion Waiters Love via Social Media
- Updated: August 14, 2019
After Waiters posted an encouraging and touching tribute to his son on Instagram, Houston Rockets superstars James Harden and Russell Westbrook made sure to show the Heat father some love.
Waiters, 27, has endured a ton of criticism over the last year due to gaining weight and not playing up to his big contract. However, the 6-foot-4 guard has been in the gym this summer and mightily improved his game.
While Waiters showed All-Star potential in his first season with the Heat, he saw his production come down after dealing with a nagging ankle injury. The veteran ended up starting in 28 of the 44 contests that he played in during the 2018-19 campaign, putting up 12.0 points, 2.8 assists and 2.6 rebounds per game.
It appears all the scrutiny and maturity Waiters had to go through made him grow up more. The emotional post to his son is a significant depiction of the journeyman’s strength in the midst of a tumultuous year.