- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
- Report: Miami Heat sign Max Strus to training camp deal
- Miami Heat rising star Tyler Herro favored to win 2 NBA awards next season
- Andre Iguodala predicts former Golden State Warriors teammate to win MVP
- Bam Adebayo must achieve one major goal to be paid full supermax contract
- Jae Crowder demands huge request from Miami Heat after bidding farewell
- Bam Adebayo makes epic announcement after he officially signs extension with Miami Heat
- Pat Riley speaks out on Bam Adebayo officially signing 5-year, max rookie contract
- Dwyane Wade recounts him and Jimmy Butler losing $50K to Rajon Rondo, other teammates while gambling
- Precious Achiuwa reveals he was ‘probably the biggest’ Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo fan last season
James Harden and Russell Westbrook Show Dion Waiters Love via Social Media
- Updated: August 14, 2019
After Waiters posted an encouraging and touching tribute to his son on Instagram, Houston Rockets superstars James Harden and Russell Westbrook made sure to show the Heat father some love.
Waiters, 27, has endured a ton of criticism over the last year due to gaining weight and not playing up to his big contract. However, the 6-foot-4 guard has been in the gym this summer and mightily improved his game.
While Waiters showed All-Star potential in his first season with the Heat, he saw his production come down after dealing with a nagging ankle injury. The veteran ended up starting in 28 of the 44 contests that he played in during the 2018-19 campaign, putting up 12.0 points, 2.8 assists and 2.6 rebounds per game.
It appears all the scrutiny and maturity Waiters had to go through made him grow up more. The emotional post to his son is a significant depiction of the journeyman’s strength in the midst of a tumultuous year.