- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Kendrick Nunn Sets Miami Heat Record After First 3 Games of Career
- Updated: October 27, 2019
Most points, Heat player, first three games of career:
1. Kendrick Nunn, 60, with one half of basketball still left tonight.
2. Michael Beasley, 51.
(The four-game record is 73 by Willie Burton, the five-game record is 88 by Beasley.)
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) October 28, 2019
Nunn, 24, signed with the Heat on the last day of the 2018-19 NBA regular season. While he wasn’t getting much attention over the summer, the undrafted guard is now breaking all kinds of team records.
During the Heat’s preseason finale, Nunn exploded for 40 points against James Harden and the Houston Rockets. The outburst was the highest scoring preseason game by a Heat player in the last 20 years, surpassing a 38-point contest by three-time champion LeBron James during his stint with Miami.
The 6-foot-2 guard is averaging 21.0 points, 4.0 assists and 3.0 rebounds per game this season.