- Dwyane Wade gives huge shout-out to LeBron James after making his 10th NBA Finals
- Report: Los Angeles Lakers want to face Miami Heat in NBA Finals
- Tom Thibodeau heaps praise on Pat Riley, looking to mimic Miami Heat culture with New York Knicks
- Report: Jimmy Butler didn’t like ‘lack of professionalism’ on Minnesota Timberwolves
- Paul Pierce throws massive shade at Tyler Herro for calling himself a ‘bucket’
- Dejected Bam Adebayo has harsh message for himself after Game 5 loss to Celtics
- Video: Jaylen Brown blows kiss to Miami Heat bench after making back-to-back 3s
- Video: Udonis Haslem seen ripping into Miami Heat players in 3rd quarter of Game 5
- Dwyane Wade speaks on how ‘personal’ LeBron James Lakers vs. Pat Riley Heat matchup would be
- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
Jimmy Butler Viciously Blocks KZ Okpala, Talks Major Trash During Miami Heat Scrimmage
- Updated: October 4, 2019
Butler was playing fantastic defense during a two-on-one situation in the video, as he is known as one of the best two-way players in the game.
What’s equally important to note is that he likely offered Okpala his biggest “welcome to the NBA” moment so far in his young career. Butler was brought to Miami to not only change things on the court, but off the court as well. It’s this kind of intensity that the Heat front office hoped for.
Since arriving in Miami, Butler has already proven his massive impact on the team. From arriving at the Heat’s facilities before dawn to get his first workout in, to having hilarious conversations with fans, there’s no doubt that team president Pat Riley is getting a great initial return on investment.
In this most recent instance, it looks like Butler is not holding back when it comes to his infamous competitiveness. While it is likely something Okpala has not come across as of yet, it will certainly harden him and prepare him for the competition to come.
As for Butler, he just needs to make sure to maintain this kind of drive through the 2019-20 season and beyond. Though, given everything there is to know about the star player, that likely won’t be much of a concern anytime soon.