- Report: James Johnson Unlikely to Play in Miami Heat’s Season Opener
- Report: Dwyane Wade to Become TNT Analyst After Signing Deal With WarnerMedia
- Jimmy Butler Says He Wants to Stay With Miami Heat for Rest of Career
- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Sick Zaire Wade-LeBron James Jr. Alley-Oop
- Report: Bam Adebayo Working With Chris Bosh on How to Stretch Floor
- Goran Dragic Graciously Accepting Role Off Bench for Miami Heat
- Miami Heat News: Zion Williamson Won’t Make Appearance in Miami This Season
- Jimmy Butler Sees Himself in Tyler Herro: ‘He Don’t Give a Damn’
- Report: Dion Waiters Suspension Led to Relief Within Miami Heat Organization
- Report: Miami Heat Have Been Trying to Trade Dion Waiters Since Last Christmas
Report: Hassan Whiteside Dealing With New Injury After Wednesday’s Loss
- Updated: December 27, 2018
During the third quarter of Wednesday night’s loss to the Toronto Raptors, Miami Heat big man Hassan Whiteside exited the game after being in some obvious pain. When he returned in the fourth, he didn’t have the same spark that he had earlier in the game.
“My hip was bothering me a lot,” Whiteside said after the game. “But I’m not going to use that as an excuse.”
The Heat center started off the game with a bang, posting 10 points and four rebounds in the first quarter. He had 12 points and 10 rebounds by halftime.
And, ANOTHA one from the big man! pic.twitter.com/Wn4KFnKJPw
However, he clearly wasn’t 100 percent in the second half. After a quiet third quarter that ended with the early exit, Toronto utilized Greg Monroe in the fourth to shut Whiteside down in the post. After his strong start, the Heat big man finished the game with 16 points, 12 rebounds, and three blocks.
The hope is that Whiteside’s new hip issue is nothing serious, but it will certainly be something to keep an eye on over the next few days.
The Heat are back in action on Friday night when the Cleveland Cavaliers come to town.