- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
- LeBron James dedicates incredible 8-photo tribute to Dwyane Wade for his birthday
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Monday’s matchup vs. Detroit Pistons
- Jimmy Butler shares video of Dwyane Wade’s hilarious karaoke performance to celebrate his birthday
- James Harden salutes Dwyane Wade for inspiring message of support after Nets debut
- Bam Adebayo calls out teammates for not living up to Miami Heat culture after blowout loss
- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
Report: Hassan Whiteside Dealing With New Injury After Wednesday’s Loss
- Updated: December 27, 2018
During the third quarter of Wednesday night’s loss to the Toronto Raptors, Miami Heat big man Hassan Whiteside exited the game after being in some obvious pain. When he returned in the fourth, he didn’t have the same spark that he had earlier in the game.
“My hip was bothering me a lot,” Whiteside said after the game. “But I’m not going to use that as an excuse.”
The Heat center started off the game with a bang, posting 10 points and four rebounds in the first quarter. He had 12 points and 10 rebounds by halftime.
And, ANOTHA one from the big man! pic.twitter.com/Wn4KFnKJPw
However, he clearly wasn’t 100 percent in the second half. After a quiet third quarter that ended with the early exit, Toronto utilized Greg Monroe in the fourth to shut Whiteside down in the post. After his strong start, the Heat big man finished the game with 16 points, 12 rebounds, and three blocks.
The hope is that Whiteside’s new hip issue is nothing serious, but it will certainly be something to keep an eye on over the next few days.
The Heat are back in action on Friday night when the Cleveland Cavaliers come to town.