- Pat Riley not guaranteeing to bring back Meyers Leonard and Derrick Jones Jr. to Miami Heat
- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: NBA 2K21 rewards Jimmy Butler with stunning player rating after playoff run
- New study identifies Miami Heat fans as most exciting team to follow in NBA
- Kendrick Perkins makes bold claim about Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro
- Report: Miami Heat insider breaks down how team could acquire Danilo Gallinari
- Report: Jimmy Butler amongst stars whose stock rose highest in NBA bubble
Report: Hassan Whiteside Dealing With New Injury After Wednesday’s Loss
- Updated: December 27, 2018
During the third quarter of Wednesday night’s loss to the Toronto Raptors, Miami Heat big man Hassan Whiteside exited the game after being in some obvious pain. When he returned in the fourth, he didn’t have the same spark that he had earlier in the game.
“My hip was bothering me a lot,” Whiteside said after the game. “But I’m not going to use that as an excuse.”
The Heat center started off the game with a bang, posting 10 points and four rebounds in the first quarter. He had 12 points and 10 rebounds by halftime.
And, ANOTHA one from the big man! pic.twitter.com/Wn4KFnKJPw
However, he clearly wasn’t 100 percent in the second half. After a quiet third quarter that ended with the early exit, Toronto utilized Greg Monroe in the fourth to shut Whiteside down in the post. After his strong start, the Heat big man finished the game with 16 points, 12 rebounds, and three blocks.
The hope is that Whiteside’s new hip issue is nothing serious, but it will certainly be something to keep an eye on over the next few days.
The Heat are back in action on Friday night when the Cleveland Cavaliers come to town.