- Dwyane Wade Announces That He’s Joined Panel as Judge for ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Dwyane Wade jokes about moment he and LeBron James knew their sons would team up in Los Angeles
- Bam Adebayo Explains Why Tyler Herro Will Quickly Adjust to Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade and Bradley Beal Can’t Believe Zaire Wade’s New High School Roster
- Tobias Harris on Jimmy Butler Leaving 76ers for Heat: ‘Miami Is Gonna Love Him’
- Former NBA Player Disrespects Chris Bosh: ‘Can You Really Call Miami a Big 3’
- Renowned NBA Trainer Sends Warning to League About Dion Waiters
- Video: Bam Adebayo Hilariously Blocks Children’s Shots at Basketball Camp
- Miami Heat Rumors: Heat to Be ‘Aggressive’ in Adding Another Star
- Dion Waiters Opens Up About Emotional Struggles He Faced After Gaining Weight
Report: Hassan Whiteside Dealing With New Injury After Wednesday’s Loss
- Updated: December 27, 2018
During the third quarter of Wednesday night’s loss to the Toronto Raptors, Miami Heat big man Hassan Whiteside exited the game after being in some obvious pain. When he returned in the fourth, he didn’t have the same spark that he had earlier in the game.
“My hip was bothering me a lot,” Whiteside said after the game. “But I’m not going to use that as an excuse.”
The Heat center started off the game with a bang, posting 10 points and four rebounds in the first quarter. He had 12 points and 10 rebounds by halftime.
And, ANOTHA one from the big man! pic.twitter.com/Wn4KFnKJPw
However, he clearly wasn’t 100 percent in the second half. After a quiet third quarter that ended with the early exit, Toronto utilized Greg Monroe in the fourth to shut Whiteside down in the post. After his strong start, the Heat big man finished the game with 16 points, 12 rebounds, and three blocks.
The hope is that Whiteside’s new hip issue is nothing serious, but it will certainly be something to keep an eye on over the next few days.
The Heat are back in action on Friday night when the Cleveland Cavaliers come to town.