- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
- Report: Miami Heat Teammate Gave Dion Waiters THC-Infused Gummy
Report: Sources Reveal Why Jimmy Butler Missed Miami Heat’s Season Opener
- Updated: October 24, 2019
It appears the reason for Jimmy Butler’s mysterious nonattendance has been revealed.
Source: Jimmy Butler missed the Heat’s opener against the Grizzlies to be at child’s birth.
— Clevis Murray (@ClevisMurray) October 24, 2019
Butler, 30, missed the Miami Heat’s season opener against the Memphis Grizzlies on Wednesday. The reason for his absence was initially cited as “personal reasons” by Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra. Despite the four-time All-Star’s absence, the Heat defeated the Grizzlies, 120-101.
While Butler is the Heat’s alpha, there was a strong supporting cast to supplant the veteran. Rookie sensation Tyler Herro replaced Butler in the starting lineup as he scored 14 points, while adding eight rebounds to the cause. Meanwhile, Justise Winslow led the way with 27 points, seven rebounds and seven assists in 37 minutes of action.
The star newcomer will get a chance to make his Heat debut again on Saturday against the Milwaukee Bucks.