- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
- LeBron James dedicates incredible 8-photo tribute to Dwyane Wade for his birthday
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Monday’s matchup vs. Detroit Pistons
- Jimmy Butler shares video of Dwyane Wade’s hilarious karaoke performance to celebrate his birthday
- James Harden salutes Dwyane Wade for inspiring message of support after Nets debut
- Bam Adebayo calls out teammates for not living up to Miami Heat culture after blowout loss
- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
Report: Sources Reveal Why Jimmy Butler Missed Miami Heat’s Season Opener
- Updated: October 24, 2019
It appears the reason for Jimmy Butler’s mysterious nonattendance has been revealed.
Source: Jimmy Butler missed the Heat’s opener against the Grizzlies to be at child’s birth.
— Clevis Murray (@ClevisMurray) October 24, 2019
Butler, 30, missed the Miami Heat’s season opener against the Memphis Grizzlies on Wednesday. The reason for his absence was initially cited as “personal reasons” by Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra. Despite the four-time All-Star’s absence, the Heat defeated the Grizzlies, 120-101.
While Butler is the Heat’s alpha, there was a strong supporting cast to supplant the veteran. Rookie sensation Tyler Herro replaced Butler in the starting lineup as he scored 14 points, while adding eight rebounds to the cause. Meanwhile, Justise Winslow led the way with 27 points, seven rebounds and seven assists in 37 minutes of action.
The star newcomer will get a chance to make his Heat debut again on Saturday against the Milwaukee Bucks.