- Jason Williams Breaks His Silence, Proclaims LeBron James the G.O.A.T.
- Jae Crowder Praises Miami Heat Structure for Bringing Out Best in Their Players
- Udonis Haslem Doubles Down on Comments About Willing to Fight Michael Jordan
- Bam Adebayo Still Not Over Team USA Roster Cut as He Sends Strong Message to Critics
- Report: 12 Miami Heat Players Participated in Voluntary Workouts at AmericanAirlines Arena Today
- Boosie Badazz Stands Pat on Zaya Wade Comments: ‘I Ain’t Apologizing’
- Video: Udonis Haslem Showcases Incredible Portfolio of Businesses He Owns
- Udonis Haslem Says He Likely Would’ve Put Hands on Michael Jordan If He Played With Him
- Dwyane Wade Takes Offense to Being Known as ‘LeBron’s Teammate’ on Social Media
- Caron Butler Says LeBron James and Dwyane Wade Mocking Dirk Nowitzki Lost Them 2011 Finals
Report: Sources Reveal Why Jimmy Butler Missed Miami Heat’s Season Opener
- Updated: October 24, 2019
It appears the reason for Jimmy Butler’s mysterious nonattendance has been revealed.
Source: Jimmy Butler missed the Heat’s opener against the Grizzlies to be at child’s birth.
— Clevis Murray (@ClevisMurray) October 24, 2019
Butler, 30, missed the Miami Heat’s season opener against the Memphis Grizzlies on Wednesday. The reason for his absence was initially cited as “personal reasons” by Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra. Despite the four-time All-Star’s absence, the Heat defeated the Grizzlies, 120-101.
While Butler is the Heat’s alpha, there was a strong supporting cast to supplant the veteran. Rookie sensation Tyler Herro replaced Butler in the starting lineup as he scored 14 points, while adding eight rebounds to the cause. Meanwhile, Justise Winslow led the way with 27 points, seven rebounds and seven assists in 37 minutes of action.
The star newcomer will get a chance to make his Heat debut again on Saturday against the Milwaukee Bucks.