- C.J. McCollum clowns haters who have called Jimmy Butler a ‘bad teammate’
- Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic sends personal tribute to Tyler Herro after historic performance
- Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro now has top-selling jersey in NBA after Game 4 for the ages
- Stephen A. Smith makes bold statement about potential Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
- Report: Boston Celtics consider not drafting Jimmy Butler ‘most painful miss’ in recent history
- Tyler Herro ranks above LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry and Kawhi Leonard after Game 4
- Report: Boston Celtics front office let out ‘collective moan’ when Miami Heat drafted Tyler Herro
- Bam Adebayo explains huge role he played in convincing Miami Heat to draft Tyler Herro
- NBA Twitter erupts after Tyler Herro’s monster Game 4 performance vs. Boston Celtics
- Bam Adebayo shares update on wrist injury suffered in Game 4, gives status for Game 5
Report: Sources Reveal Why Jimmy Butler Missed Miami Heat’s Season Opener
- Updated: October 24, 2019
It appears the reason for Jimmy Butler’s mysterious nonattendance has been revealed.
Source: Jimmy Butler missed the Heat’s opener against the Grizzlies to be at child’s birth.
— Clevis Murray (@ClevisMurray) October 24, 2019
Butler, 30, missed the Miami Heat’s season opener against the Memphis Grizzlies on Wednesday. The reason for his absence was initially cited as “personal reasons” by Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra. Despite the four-time All-Star’s absence, the Heat defeated the Grizzlies, 120-101.
While Butler is the Heat’s alpha, there was a strong supporting cast to supplant the veteran. Rookie sensation Tyler Herro replaced Butler in the starting lineup as he scored 14 points, while adding eight rebounds to the cause. Meanwhile, Justise Winslow led the way with 27 points, seven rebounds and seven assists in 37 minutes of action.
The star newcomer will get a chance to make his Heat debut again on Saturday against the Milwaukee Bucks.