- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
- Numerous Miami Heat players react to making NBA Finals via social media
Report: Heat Looking to Trade Hassan Whiteside After Disappointing Season
- Updated: April 25, 2018
Whiteside averaged 5.2 points, 6.0 rebounds and 1.2 blocks per game in the playoff series against the Philadelphia 76ers, which the Heat lost in five games. His role diminished as the 76ers played at a pace that was not suited to his style. It was thought that Whiteside could have potentially improved his numbers once Joel Embiid returned, but that wasn’t the case. During the whole series, the Heat were outscored by 26 while Whiteside was on the court.
The 28-year-old center saw his minutes drop to 15.4 per game in the playoffs after averaging 25.3 minutes per game during the regular season. He also averaged 14.0 points, 11.4 rebounds and 1.7 blocks per game during the regular season.
For a lot of the season, Whiteside had issues with his playing time. He voiced his displeasure multiple times and was even fined by the Heat in April after going on an expletive-laced rant.
The Marshall University product has now finished two years of the four-year contract he signed with the Heat in July of 2016. He is owed $25.4 million for the 2018-19 season and holds a $27.1 million player option for 2019-20, according to Spotrac.com.