- Derrick Jones Jr. Details Special Benefits of New Endorsement Deal With Puma
- Rapper Boosie Unleashes Disgusting, Hateful Rant About Dwayne Wade and His Daughter
- Dwyane Wade Ranks Himself, LeBron James and Chris Bosh in Terms of Talent
- Danny Ainge Says Ray Allen Joining Miami Will Affect Boston’s Decision to Retire His Jersey
- Volleyball Player Says She ‘Messed Up’ After Swerving Derrick Jones Jr. in Her DMs
- Bam Adebayo’s Confidence ‘Through the Roof’ After Impressive All-Star Weekend
- Report: Derrick Jones Jr. Lands Puma Deal After Slam Dunk Contest Win
- Report: Jimmy Butler ‘Angry’ He Wasn’t Inserted in 4th Quarter of All-Star Game
- Video: Common’s All-Star Game Tribute to Dwyane Wade Moves Him to Tears
- Bam Adebayo Says He’d Take Jimmy Butler 1-on-1 Because ‘He’s Trash’
Report: Miami Heat Telling Goran Dragic and Hassan Whiteside Their Roles Are Highly in Question
- Updated: April 24, 2019
One aspect they will certainly both consider is based on a recent report that their roles with the team are highly in question, according to Miami Heat Beat.
The fact that their roles are in question makes sense for a lot of reasons.
For Dragic, he missed much of the 2018-19 season due to a knee injury and Justise Winslow showed incredible growth serving as the team’s starting point guard in his stead.
For Whiteside, he saw another season of lackluster production lead to a reduction in playing time. By the end of the season, Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra was opting to go with a starting frontcourt compiled of Bam Adebayo and Kelly Olynyk.
Another major motivator for the Heat to let Dragic and Whiteside know about their uncertain roles with the Heat is certainly financially motivated.
If both players ultimately decide to opt out of their deals, it could mean as much as $20 million coming off the books for the Heat. That financial break could put them in line to sign one of the many NBA stars for the 2019-20 season.
Still considering the fact that Dragic is currently in line to make $19.2 million this season and Whiteside is expected to earn $27 million, it seems quite likely they will take the money even if it does mean a reduction in their playing time.