- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
Report: LeBron James Played Video Games During 2014 Free Agency Meeting With Miami Heat
- Updated: May 7, 2019
Thanks to a recent report, however, fans are now getting a little insight into just how disengaged James was following his fourth and final season in South Florida.
On Monday’s episode of ESPN’s “First Take,” Stephen A. Smith said that James was playing video games during his free-agency meeting with Riley.
“I’ll tell you a story that resonates far deeper than that, Jay [Williams],” Smith said. “Not only did Pat Riley come out to Vegas, but literally, while Pat Riley was there to come and talk to LeBron in Vegas, LeBron was playing some Nintendo game, or PlayStation, or whatever the hell that he was playing and it was considered so disrespectful that Alonzo Mourning, from what I was told, had to step in the fray and say, ‘Yo, you are not going to disrespect this man like that.’ That’s how bad it was.”
It’s long been known that James’ departure from Miami was not a happy one, but this small anecdote goes to show just how unfixable the rift between James and the Heat front office was.
Now in Los Angeles, James is having newfound trouble with his team’s front office as the Los Angeles Lakers continue to crumble all around James.
James has been known to leave something of a mess whenever he leaves one team for another. This time, it appears the mess followed him.