- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
- Report: Isaiah Thomas receiving interest from Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks
- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
- Report: Miami Heat release injury update on Jimmy Butler after scary moment vs. Phoenix Suns
Report: LeBron James Played Video Games During 2014 Free Agency Meeting With Miami Heat
- Updated: May 7, 2019
Thanks to a recent report, however, fans are now getting a little insight into just how disengaged James was following his fourth and final season in South Florida.
On Monday’s episode of ESPN’s “First Take,” Stephen A. Smith said that James was playing video games during his free-agency meeting with Riley.
“I’ll tell you a story that resonates far deeper than that, Jay [Williams],” Smith said. “Not only did Pat Riley come out to Vegas, but literally, while Pat Riley was there to come and talk to LeBron in Vegas, LeBron was playing some Nintendo game, or PlayStation, or whatever the hell that he was playing and it was considered so disrespectful that Alonzo Mourning, from what I was told, had to step in the fray and say, ‘Yo, you are not going to disrespect this man like that.’ That’s how bad it was.”
It’s long been known that James’ departure from Miami was not a happy one, but this small anecdote goes to show just how unfixable the rift between James and the Heat front office was.
Now in Los Angeles, James is having newfound trouble with his team’s front office as the Los Angeles Lakers continue to crumble all around James.
James has been known to leave something of a mess whenever he leaves one team for another. This time, it appears the mess followed him.