- Jae Crowder Says ‘It Was All Championship Talk’ for Miami Heat Prior to Shutdown
- Jason Williams Breaks His Silence, Proclaims LeBron James the G.O.A.T.
- Jae Crowder Praises Miami Heat Structure for Bringing Out Best in Their Players
- Udonis Haslem Doubles Down on Comments About Willing to Fight Michael Jordan
- Bam Adebayo Still Not Over Team USA Roster Cut as He Sends Strong Message to Critics
- Report: 12 Miami Heat Players Participated in Voluntary Workouts at AmericanAirlines Arena Today
- Boosie Badazz Stands Pat on Zaya Wade Comments: ‘I Ain’t Apologizing’
- Video: Udonis Haslem Showcases Incredible Portfolio of Businesses He Owns
- Udonis Haslem Says He Likely Would’ve Put Hands on Michael Jordan If He Played With Him
- Dwyane Wade Takes Offense to Being Known as ‘LeBron’s Teammate’ on Social Media
Report: LeBron James Played Video Games During 2014 Free Agency Meeting With Miami Heat
- Updated: May 7, 2019
Thanks to a recent report, however, fans are now getting a little insight into just how disengaged James was following his fourth and final season in South Florida.
On Monday’s episode of ESPN’s “First Take,” Stephen A. Smith said that James was playing video games during his free-agency meeting with Riley.
“I’ll tell you a story that resonates far deeper than that, Jay [Williams],” Smith said. “Not only did Pat Riley come out to Vegas, but literally, while Pat Riley was there to come and talk to LeBron in Vegas, LeBron was playing some Nintendo game, or PlayStation, or whatever the hell that he was playing and it was considered so disrespectful that Alonzo Mourning, from what I was told, had to step in the fray and say, ‘Yo, you are not going to disrespect this man like that.’ That’s how bad it was.”
It’s long been known that James’ departure from Miami was not a happy one, but this small anecdote goes to show just how unfixable the rift between James and the Heat front office was.
Now in Los Angeles, James is having newfound trouble with his team’s front office as the Los Angeles Lakers continue to crumble all around James.
James has been known to leave something of a mess whenever he leaves one team for another. This time, it appears the mess followed him.