- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
Report: L.A. Clippers were interested in trading for Bradley Beal before acquiring Paul George
- Updated: July 24, 2019
The Los Angeles Clippers’ pursuit of an All-Star player to team with Kawhi Leonard reportedly didn’t start with Paul George.
According to Jovan Buha and Sam Amick of the Athletic, the Clippers had targeted Washington Wizards guard Bradley Beal before going after George.
James Harden was also mentioned as a target, but it appears the Houston Rockets didn’t consider a trade for the former MVP.
A Leonard-and-Beal partnership would have made the Clippers one of the top contenders for the 2020 title, but probably not at the same level as a Leonard-and-George tandem.
The Miami Heat are among a number of teams who would like to add Beal to their roster, but the Wizards reportedly want to keep the seven-year veteran as one of the core players on their team. He currently has a contract extension offer from the Wizards that he has yet to sign.