- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
- Report: Miami Heat Teammate Gave Dion Waiters THC-Infused Gummy
Report: L.A. Clippers were interested in trading for Bradley Beal before acquiring Paul George
- Updated: July 24, 2019
The Los Angeles Clippers’ pursuit of an All-Star player to team with Kawhi Leonard reportedly didn’t start with Paul George.
According to Jovan Buha and Sam Amick of the Athletic, the Clippers had targeted Washington Wizards guard Bradley Beal before going after George.
James Harden was also mentioned as a target, but it appears the Houston Rockets didn’t consider a trade for the former MVP.
A Leonard-and-Beal partnership would have made the Clippers one of the top contenders for the 2020 title, but probably not at the same level as a Leonard-and-George tandem.
The Miami Heat are among a number of teams who would like to add Beal to their roster, but the Wizards reportedly want to keep the seven-year veteran as one of the core players on their team. He currently has a contract extension offer from the Wizards that he has yet to sign.