- Miami Heat’s Meyers Leonard warns that other contenders are ‘interested’ in him
- Meyers Leonard reveals 2 crucial things he’s looking for to return to the Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade makes a bold claim about NBA draft prospect Anthony Edwards
- Report: Miami Heat showing strong interest in another sharpshooting Kentucky guard
- Udonis Haslem and Dwyane Wade reminisce on getting their ‘a—s beat’ by Allen Iverson in 2003
- Report: Miami Heat schedule an interview with Duke’s Tre Jones
- Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Report: Miami Heat have Paul Millsap and Wesley Matthews ‘on their radar’
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge might be a trade target for the Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat are No. 1 on Victor Oladipo’s list if he leaves Indiana Pacers
Report: L.A. Clippers were interested in trading for Bradley Beal before acquiring Paul George
- Updated: July 24, 2019
The Los Angeles Clippers’ pursuit of an All-Star player to team with Kawhi Leonard reportedly didn’t start with Paul George.
According to Jovan Buha and Sam Amick of the Athletic, the Clippers had targeted Washington Wizards guard Bradley Beal before going after George.
James Harden was also mentioned as a target, but it appears the Houston Rockets didn’t consider a trade for the former MVP.
A Leonard-and-Beal partnership would have made the Clippers one of the top contenders for the 2020 title, but probably not at the same level as a Leonard-and-George tandem.
The Miami Heat are among a number of teams who would like to add Beal to their roster, but the Wizards reportedly want to keep the seven-year veteran as one of the core players on their team. He currently has a contract extension offer from the Wizards that he has yet to sign.