- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra applauds surprising aspect of Bam Adebayo’s game after dominant performance vs. Pistons
- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
Report: L.A. Clippers were interested in trading for Bradley Beal before acquiring Paul George
- Updated: July 24, 2019
The Los Angeles Clippers’ pursuit of an All-Star player to team with Kawhi Leonard reportedly didn’t start with Paul George.
According to Jovan Buha and Sam Amick of the Athletic, the Clippers had targeted Washington Wizards guard Bradley Beal before going after George.
James Harden was also mentioned as a target, but it appears the Houston Rockets didn’t consider a trade for the former MVP.
A Leonard-and-Beal partnership would have made the Clippers one of the top contenders for the 2020 title, but probably not at the same level as a Leonard-and-George tandem.
The Miami Heat are among a number of teams who would like to add Beal to their roster, but the Wizards reportedly want to keep the seven-year veteran as one of the core players on their team. He currently has a contract extension offer from the Wizards that he has yet to sign.