- Dwyane Wade’s Emphatic Reaction to Damian Lillard Putting Up Monster Game Against Dallas Mavericks
- Miami Heat Release Injury Report for Wednesday’s Game vs. Oklahoma City Thunder
- Bam Adebayo Adds Fuel to Victor Oladipo Rumors After Latest Social Media Activity
- Gabrielle Union Aims Sexual Message at Dwyane Wade After Seeing Flashy TNT Appearance
- Video: Victor Oladipo Seen Being Extra Friendly With Miami Heat Players After Indiana Pacers Loss
- Miami Heat Change Profile Picture to Disrespectful Jimmy Butler Photo After Heat Dominate Pacers
- Jimmy Butler Speaks on T.J. Warren After Miami Heat Dominate Indiana Pacers
- Tyler Herro Discusses Skill Set He’s ‘Working Really Hard’ to Improve Inside NBA Bubble
- T.J. Warren Speaks Out on Facing Jimmy Butler and Miami Heat on Monday
- Dwyane Wade Reacts to NBA Snubbing of Devonte’ Graham for Most Improved Player Award
Report: L.A. Clippers were interested in trading for Bradley Beal before acquiring Paul George
- Updated: July 24, 2019
The Los Angeles Clippers’ pursuit of an All-Star player to team with Kawhi Leonard reportedly didn’t start with Paul George.
According to Jovan Buha and Sam Amick of the Athletic, the Clippers had targeted Washington Wizards guard Bradley Beal before going after George.
James Harden was also mentioned as a target, but it appears the Houston Rockets didn’t consider a trade for the former MVP.
A Leonard-and-Beal partnership would have made the Clippers one of the top contenders for the 2020 title, but probably not at the same level as a Leonard-and-George tandem.
The Miami Heat are among a number of teams who would like to add Beal to their roster, but the Wizards reportedly want to keep the seven-year veteran as one of the core players on their team. He currently has a contract extension offer from the Wizards that he has yet to sign.