- Report: Miami Heat release injury update on Jimmy Butler after scary moment vs. Phoenix Suns
- Ja Morant expresses no sympathy for Miami Heat having to play 8 games in 12 days
- Report: Miami Heat will have interest in Mike Conley this offseason
- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
Report: Kyle Lowry’s preferred destination is Miami Heat due to close friendship with Jimmy Butler
- Updated: March 21, 2021
The Ringer’s Kevin O’Connor reported that the Heat are one of the teams that have pursued Lowry ahead of Thursday’s trade deadline.
“Lowry recently said he wants to retire with the Raptors even if he needs to sign a one-day contract,” O’Connor wrote. “But if he gets dealt, league sources say his preferred destination is Miami because of his close friendship with Jimmy Butler.”
This season, Lowry is averaging 17.6 points, 5.6 points, 7.5 assists per game.
However, Lowry will be an unrestricted free agent at the end of the 2020-21 season, and Miami would be making a serious win-now move by trading for him.
The Heat are currently 22-21 this season and are the No. 5 seed in the Eastern Conference after losing to the Indiana Pacers on Sunday.