- Report: Miami Heat will have interest in Mike Conley this offseason
- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
Kendrick Nunn Now Leads All Rookies in 6 Key Statistical Categories
- Updated: November 15, 2019
Already in his first NBA season, Nunn has broken some improbable rookie records.
With the season raging on, and a greater sample size of Nunn’s work becoming available, the talented guard continues to impress.
In fact, Nunn now leads all rookies in six meaningful statistical categories.
It’s truly a staggering laundry list of stats to lead in and should place Nunn at the front of the Rookie of the Year award standings. While his age (24) may work against him considering many of his fellow rookies are still in their late teens, Nunn is certainly still eligible for the prestigious award.
What matters more than personal accolades, however, is team success. There is no doubt that Nunn has had as big an impact on Miami’s current 8-2 record as any other player on the roster.
After getting off to a scorching start in the first five games of the season, Nunn experienced a four-game slump where he did not score more than 11 points in each outing. Since then, his scoring has jumped back up and he has logged 20 and 23 points in the last two contests respectively.
Perhaps his greatest performance so far as a pro came in Thursday’s win over the Cleveland Cavaliers, when Nunn logged 23 points, eight assists, five rebounds and two steals.
If he can keep up numbers like that going forward, the main question facing Nunn won’t be whether or not he deserves Rookie of the Year honors, it will be whether or not he deserves All-Star consideration.