- Report: Minnesota Timberwolves were uncomfortable with Jimmy Butler wanting to be ‘toughest MFer in the room’
- Bill Simmons makes bold prediction for Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
- Report: Numerous Hall of Famers expected to be among virtual fans for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
Kendrick Nunn Now Leads All Rookies in 6 Key Statistical Categories
- Updated: November 15, 2019
Already in his first NBA season, Nunn has broken some improbable rookie records.
With the season raging on, and a greater sample size of Nunn’s work becoming available, the talented guard continues to impress.
In fact, Nunn now leads all rookies in six meaningful statistical categories.
It’s truly a staggering laundry list of stats to lead in and should place Nunn at the front of the Rookie of the Year award standings. While his age (24) may work against him considering many of his fellow rookies are still in their late teens, Nunn is certainly still eligible for the prestigious award.
What matters more than personal accolades, however, is team success. There is no doubt that Nunn has had as big an impact on Miami’s current 8-2 record as any other player on the roster.
After getting off to a scorching start in the first five games of the season, Nunn experienced a four-game slump where he did not score more than 11 points in each outing. Since then, his scoring has jumped back up and he has logged 20 and 23 points in the last two contests respectively.
Perhaps his greatest performance so far as a pro came in Thursday’s win over the Cleveland Cavaliers, when Nunn logged 23 points, eight assists, five rebounds and two steals.
If he can keep up numbers like that going forward, the main question facing Nunn won’t be whether or not he deserves Rookie of the Year honors, it will be whether or not he deserves All-Star consideration.