- Kendrick Nunn Now Leads All Rookies in 6 Key Statistical Categories
- Kendrick Perkins Roasts Hassan Whiteside, Says Pat Riley Sold ‘Used Buick’ to Trail Blazers
- Kendrick Nunn Credits Erik Spoelstra With Creating Championship Culture for Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade Celebrates Carmelo Anthony Signing With Portland Trail Blazers
- Meyers Leonard Thinks Tenure With Miami Heat Could Be Long Term
- Dwyane Wade Credits Own Sneakers for Helping D’Angelo Russell Posterize LeBron James
- LeBron Says He Was ‘Scared as S—‘ When He Returned to Cleveland After Joining Heat
- Gabrielle Union Reveals When She Finds Dwyane Wade at His ‘Sexiest’
- Chris Bosh: ‘Playing With LeBron Was Like Buying a Ferrari’
- Report: Miami Heat Players Look Forward to Practice Because of Jimmy Butler
Kendrick Nunn Now Leads All Rookies in 6 Key Statistical Categories
- Updated: November 15, 2019
Already in his first NBA season, Nunn has broken some improbable rookie records.
With the season raging on, and a greater sample size of Nunn’s work becoming available, the talented guard continues to impress.
In fact, Nunn now leads all rookies in six meaningful statistical categories.
It’s truly a staggering laundry list of stats to lead in and should place Nunn at the front of the Rookie of the Year award standings. While his age (24) may work against him considering many of his fellow rookies are still in their late teens, Nunn is certainly still eligible for the prestigious award.
What matters more than personal accolades, however, is team success. There is no doubt that Nunn has had as big an impact on Miami’s current 8-2 record as any other player on the roster.
After getting off to a scorching start in the first five games of the season, Nunn experienced a four-game slump where he did not score more than 11 points in each outing. Since then, his scoring has jumped back up and he has logged 20 and 23 points in the last two contests respectively.
Perhaps his greatest performance so far as a pro came in Thursday’s win over the Cleveland Cavaliers, when Nunn logged 23 points, eight assists, five rebounds and two steals.
If he can keep up numbers like that going forward, the main question facing Nunn won’t be whether or not he deserves Rookie of the Year honors, it will be whether or not he deserves All-Star consideration.