- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
- Kendrick Perkins makes blasphemous statement about Miami Heat’s chances against Los Angeles Lakers
- Report: Minnesota Timberwolves were uncomfortable with Jimmy Butler wanting to be ‘toughest MFer in the room’
- Bill Simmons makes bold prediction for Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
- Report: Numerous Hall of Famers expected to be among virtual fans for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Shannon Brown for $1.3 Million
- Updated: August 27, 2014
Looks like the mystery of who will play Dwyane Wade’s backup is finally over. After much speculation about the possible additions of Jordan Crawford and Leandro Barbosa among others, the Miami Heat have signed high-flying shooting guard Shannon Brown to a one-year $1.3 million contract.
— Surya Fernandez (@SuryaHeatNBA) August 27, 2014
Shannon Brown’s contract with the Miami Heat is for one year at $1.3 million, I’m told.
— Sam Amick (@sam_amick) August 27, 2014
The 28-year old Brown is just what the Heat was looking for at the shooting guard position to provide youth, athleticism, and a scoring punch to a lacking Heat bench.
Brown was last seen on the New York Knicks, but was released in July after the Knicks decided not to pick up their second-year option on Shannon’s contract.
Brown’s best season was on the Phoenix Suns in 2011-2012 where he averaged 11 points and 1.2 bombs per contest while shooting at a 36.2% clip from beyond the arc. With the signing of Brown, it looks like the Heat are only one center piece away for once again competing for an Eastern Conference title. Who will Pat Riley sign next?
Congrats to guard Shannon Brown on signing with the @MiamiHEAT! Best of luck with your new team!
— Priority Sports (@PrioritySports) August 27, 2014