- Report: Miami Heat willing to pay ‘going rate for elite shooters’ when Duncan Robinson becomes free agent
- Report: Avery Bradley to return, Goran Dragic out vs. Denver Nuggets
- Report: NBA officials believe Duncan Robinson will get $15-20M annually in free agency
- Udonis Haslem expresses anger over NBA ‘locking up’ players in hotel rooms due to COVID-19
- Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade reacts to tragic COVID-19-related death of Sekou Smith
- Report: Miami Heat could be without 8 players Wednesday vs. Denver Nuggets
- Miami Heat remember Kobe Bryant with incredible 8-minute, 24-second video tribute
- Dwyane Wade reacts to hilarious photo of him and Martha Stewart
- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Shannon Brown for $1.3 Million
- Updated: August 27, 2014
Looks like the mystery of who will play Dwyane Wade’s backup is finally over. After much speculation about the possible additions of Jordan Crawford and Leandro Barbosa among others, the Miami Heat have signed high-flying shooting guard Shannon Brown to a one-year $1.3 million contract.
— Surya Fernandez (@SuryaHeatNBA) August 27, 2014
Shannon Brown’s contract with the Miami Heat is for one year at $1.3 million, I’m told.
— Sam Amick (@sam_amick) August 27, 2014
The 28-year old Brown is just what the Heat was looking for at the shooting guard position to provide youth, athleticism, and a scoring punch to a lacking Heat bench.
Brown was last seen on the New York Knicks, but was released in July after the Knicks decided not to pick up their second-year option on Shannon’s contract.
Brown’s best season was on the Phoenix Suns in 2011-2012 where he averaged 11 points and 1.2 bombs per contest while shooting at a 36.2% clip from beyond the arc. With the signing of Brown, it looks like the Heat are only one center piece away for once again competing for an Eastern Conference title. Who will Pat Riley sign next?
Congrats to guard Shannon Brown on signing with the @MiamiHEAT! Best of luck with your new team!
— Priority Sports (@PrioritySports) August 27, 2014