- Stephen A. Smith and Spike Lee issue strong criticism regarding Dwyane Wade’s ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Duncan Robinson’s humble reaction after passing Dwyane Wade in Miami Heat record books
- Report: Rockets player gets jumped at strip club, takes bottle to face in Miami day before taking on Heat
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Jimmy Butler, Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Report: Miami Heat have been ‘concerned now for months’ about Tyler Herro’s celebrity status
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Dwyane Wade says Zaire has activated ‘Wade hops’ after he jumps over grown man for impressive dunk
- Bam Adebayo issues strong message to ‘switch that narrative’ of Jimmy Butler calling out Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat big man remembers Dwyane Wade displaying Michael ‘Jordan-esque’ tendencies early in career
- Report: Miami Heat expect Victor Oladipo to return from knee injury this season
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Shannon Brown for $1.3 Million
- Updated: August 27, 2014
Looks like the mystery of who will play Dwyane Wade’s backup is finally over. After much speculation about the possible additions of Jordan Crawford and Leandro Barbosa among others, the Miami Heat have signed high-flying shooting guard Shannon Brown to a one-year $1.3 million contract.
— Surya Fernandez (@SuryaHeatNBA) August 27, 2014
Shannon Brown’s contract with the Miami Heat is for one year at $1.3 million, I’m told.
— Sam Amick (@sam_amick) August 27, 2014
The 28-year old Brown is just what the Heat was looking for at the shooting guard position to provide youth, athleticism, and a scoring punch to a lacking Heat bench.
Brown was last seen on the New York Knicks, but was released in July after the Knicks decided not to pick up their second-year option on Shannon’s contract.
Brown’s best season was on the Phoenix Suns in 2011-2012 where he averaged 11 points and 1.2 bombs per contest while shooting at a 36.2% clip from beyond the arc. With the signing of Brown, it looks like the Heat are only one center piece away for once again competing for an Eastern Conference title. Who will Pat Riley sign next?
Congrats to guard Shannon Brown on signing with the @MiamiHEAT! Best of luck with your new team!
— Priority Sports (@PrioritySports) August 27, 2014