- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
- Numerous Miami Heat players react to making NBA Finals via social media
- Video: Heat fans seen going berserk in Miami after team advances to NBA Finals
- Video: Jimmy Butler discusses having to go through LeBron James-Led team to get to promised land
Report: Jimmy Butler Ripped Apart Coaches, Front Office, and Teammates During Practice
- Updated: October 10, 2018
Jimmy Butler arrived in Minnesota to join the Timberwolves and begin preparations for the regular season today. During his first practice session, the 29-year-old let loose frustrations over the Timberwolves’ inability to trade him.
All-Star Jimmy Butler participated in Minnesota's practice, a session that included him verbally challenging teammates, coaches and front office, league sources told ESPN. Butler was vociferous and emotional at times, targeting Thibodeau/Layden/Towns/Wiggins. Story soon on ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) October 10, 2018
For weeks, Butler has been advocating for a trade that would send him away from Minnesota. While the Miami Heat are first on his list of landing spots, the Houston, Texas native has been part of numerous trade conversations, but no agreement has been reached.
Butler has held a distaste for Tom Thibodeau dating back at least to last year, but perhaps longer. The two rarely see eye to eye, and that sentiment has only worsened as Minnesota has failed to move him.
The Heat have been the main protagonists in trade talks with the Timberwolves, especially in the past week. Reports surfaced that the Heat offered Minnesota the young, 25-year-old Josh Richardson along with a protected first-round pick.
Richardson amassed 12.9 points, 2.9 assists and 3.5 rebounds per game last year, and his contract is extremely team-friendly. However, the Timberwolves rejected the offer.
Minnesota seems to be in search of the perfect trade for Butler, as the Heat’s aforementioned offer seemed beyond fair. Even though Butler desperately wants a trade, the Timberwolves could also be hoping that he simply gives up and decides to play out the 2018-19 season in Minnesota.