- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
- Report: Miami Heat Teammate Gave Dion Waiters THC-Infused Gummy
Report: Dion Waiters Not Drawing Any Trade Interest Around NBA
- Updated: November 6, 2019
Though the Heat have been trying to trade Waiters for months, no known scenario has yet emerged.
“One person in touch with the Heat said no palatable trade scenario had emerged for Waiters as of early this week,” Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald wrote. “And it’s not worth Miami packaging an asset with Waiters to receive a lesser player in return. Waiters is due $25 million combined over the next two seasons.”
Even without the finances factored in, it shouldn’t come as much of a shock that teams around the league are not interested in parting ways with any players or assets to acquire Waiters.
While Waiters has proven an ability to score in bunches throughout his career, he has also served as an off-court distraction on multiple different occasions. That makes him an unattractive option both for rebuilding teams that are looking to bring their young cores around and contenders who rely on locker room stability to maintain momentum.
For the moment, it looks like the Heat won’t be saying goodbye to Waiters anytime soon. Whether or not that encourages the team to actually give him any playing time remains to be seen.