- Report: Miami Heat ‘Most Dangerous Team’ to Make Deal Going Forward
- Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving Laud Tyler Herro With Words of Praise
- Hassan Whiteside Dedicates Social Media Post to Former Miami Heat Teammates
- Miami Heat News: Derrick Jones Jr. to Participate in 2020 Slam Dunk Contest
- Report: Duncan Robinson Considered ‘Near Lock’ to Participate in 3-Point Contest
- Kendrick Nunn and Duncan Robinson React to Contracts With Miami Heat Becoming Fully Guaranteed
- Miami Heat News: Jimmy Butler Out Sunday vs. Portland Trail Blazers
- Jimmy Butler Says Miami Heat Not Displaying ‘Culture We Pride Ourselves On’
- Hassan Whiteside Expecting Boos From Miami Heat Crowd in Return Contest
- Jimmy Butler Heavily Criticizes Miami Heat’s Effort and Attitude After Loss to Orlando Magic
Report: Dion Waiters Not Drawing Any Trade Interest Around NBA
- Updated: November 6, 2019
Though the Heat have been trying to trade Waiters for months, no known scenario has yet emerged.
“One person in touch with the Heat said no palatable trade scenario had emerged for Waiters as of early this week,” Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald wrote. “And it’s not worth Miami packaging an asset with Waiters to receive a lesser player in return. Waiters is due $25 million combined over the next two seasons.”
Even without the finances factored in, it shouldn’t come as much of a shock that teams around the league are not interested in parting ways with any players or assets to acquire Waiters.
While Waiters has proven an ability to score in bunches throughout his career, he has also served as an off-court distraction on multiple different occasions. That makes him an unattractive option both for rebuilding teams that are looking to bring their young cores around and contenders who rely on locker room stability to maintain momentum.
For the moment, it looks like the Heat won’t be saying goodbye to Waiters anytime soon. Whether or not that encourages the team to actually give him any playing time remains to be seen.