- Report: Miami Heat interested in Moe Wagner if he clears waivers
- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
- Report: Isaiah Thomas receiving interest from Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks
- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
Report: Dion Waiters Not Drawing Any Trade Interest Around NBA
- Updated: November 6, 2019
Though the Heat have been trying to trade Waiters for months, no known scenario has yet emerged.
“One person in touch with the Heat said no palatable trade scenario had emerged for Waiters as of early this week,” Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald wrote. “And it’s not worth Miami packaging an asset with Waiters to receive a lesser player in return. Waiters is due $25 million combined over the next two seasons.”
Even without the finances factored in, it shouldn’t come as much of a shock that teams around the league are not interested in parting ways with any players or assets to acquire Waiters.
While Waiters has proven an ability to score in bunches throughout his career, he has also served as an off-court distraction on multiple different occasions. That makes him an unattractive option both for rebuilding teams that are looking to bring their young cores around and contenders who rely on locker room stability to maintain momentum.
For the moment, it looks like the Heat won’t be saying goodbye to Waiters anytime soon. Whether or not that encourages the team to actually give him any playing time remains to be seen.