- Report: Bam Adebayo Among Stars Seeking Protection in Case of Serious Injury in Orlando Bubble
- Here’s What the Miami Heat Would Be Willing to Offer in a Deal for Paul Millsap
- Report: Ben Simmons Has Been Training With Dwyane Wade in Los Angeles
- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
Report: Dion Waiters Not Drawing Any Trade Interest Around NBA
- Updated: November 6, 2019
Though the Heat have been trying to trade Waiters for months, no known scenario has yet emerged.
“One person in touch with the Heat said no palatable trade scenario had emerged for Waiters as of early this week,” Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald wrote. “And it’s not worth Miami packaging an asset with Waiters to receive a lesser player in return. Waiters is due $25 million combined over the next two seasons.”
Even without the finances factored in, it shouldn’t come as much of a shock that teams around the league are not interested in parting ways with any players or assets to acquire Waiters.
While Waiters has proven an ability to score in bunches throughout his career, he has also served as an off-court distraction on multiple different occasions. That makes him an unattractive option both for rebuilding teams that are looking to bring their young cores around and contenders who rely on locker room stability to maintain momentum.
For the moment, it looks like the Heat won’t be saying goodbye to Waiters anytime soon. Whether or not that encourages the team to actually give him any playing time remains to be seen.