- Report: Numerous Hall of Famers expected to be among virtual fans for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
Report: Dion Waiters Not Drawing Any Trade Interest Around NBA
- Updated: November 6, 2019
Though the Heat have been trying to trade Waiters for months, no known scenario has yet emerged.
“One person in touch with the Heat said no palatable trade scenario had emerged for Waiters as of early this week,” Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald wrote. “And it’s not worth Miami packaging an asset with Waiters to receive a lesser player in return. Waiters is due $25 million combined over the next two seasons.”
Even without the finances factored in, it shouldn’t come as much of a shock that teams around the league are not interested in parting ways with any players or assets to acquire Waiters.
While Waiters has proven an ability to score in bunches throughout his career, he has also served as an off-court distraction on multiple different occasions. That makes him an unattractive option both for rebuilding teams that are looking to bring their young cores around and contenders who rely on locker room stability to maintain momentum.
For the moment, it looks like the Heat won’t be saying goodbye to Waiters anytime soon. Whether or not that encourages the team to actually give him any playing time remains to be seen.